• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Do it! Looks fantastic on 4K. My wife, who was not in favor of spending the extra dollars, after watching remarked that she was happy we did.

thanks bud, but the fact that i dont really like the movie that much wouldnt necessarily change a thing if it was in 4k. sort of like trying to love a corolla when deep inside you wanted a subaru.

thanks bud, but the fact that i dont really like the movie that much wouldnt necessarily change a thing if it was in 4k. sort of like trying to love a corolla when deep inside you wanted a subaru.

Why would you buy any version of a movie you didn’t like?

Last edited:
Mission accomplished. Kids liked it, despite abysmal PQ from amazon streaming... tempted to get the BD, dunno.

71gqRyr35VL._SY445_.jpg

Well yeah, then don't get it if you don't like the movie. lol It's not my favorite movie, but I do find it entertaining. Grandson is over, maybe we will give it a spin this morning.

Mission accomplished. Kids liked it, despite abysmal PQ from amazon streaming... tempted to get the BD, dunno.

71gqRyr35VL._SY445_.jpg
I know this was in heavy rotation on whatever movie channel we had in the early 80's, but I for the life of me can't remember if I've seen this. Of course everybody has been talking about it since Rutger's passing.

Well yeah, then don't get it if you don't like the movie. lol It's not my favorite movie, but I do find it entertaining. Grandson is over, maybe we will give it a spin this morning.

saw that the standard blu-ray is at 10 bucks, i think i can bite at that price point.

saw that the standard blu-ray is at 10 bucks, i think i can bite at that price point.
Actually started watching it with the grandson, and while he went started playing with his batman action figures, frequently tuning in. we had to stop due to a commitment to a birthday party. Finished this afternoon, and still thought it was stunning and not a bad movie.

This was pretty good redemption story. Based on true story not unlike BlacKkKlansman just without the Spike Lee campy comic relief. Solid performacnes by both leads Jamie Bell and Danielle Macdonald both of whom now have my attention as actors. At this point basically I will watch any film released under the A24 label. Everything they have their hand on seems to be solid. High Life with Robert Pattinson is next up on my list.

I did end up watching Ready Player One with the grandson yesterday, or at least most of it. Finished it last night after getting home from a birthday party. Looks great in 4K. For fans of the Magnum PI reboot, the girl who plays Higgins, also played Kira in the movie, although very briefly.

This was pretty good redemption story. Based on true story not unlike BlacKkKlansman just without the Spike Lee campy comic relief. Solid performacnes by both leads Jamie Bell and Danielle Macdonald both of whom now have my attention as actors. At this point basically I will watch any film released under the A24 label. Everything they have their hand on seems to be solid. High Life with Robert Pattinson is next up on my list.

man i love jamie bell. underutilized actor. try watching six days too.

a24 is great, just need a harder stomach sometimes.

man i love jamie bell. underutilized actor. try watching six days too.

a24 is great, just need a harder stomach sometimes.

Yeah not for everyone but they are pumping out some very high quality grown up films. They have definitely tapped into some kind of selective formula in choosing the tone of their screenwriting, directing, acting, musical scores and cinematography that just works and they are running with it. Grown up horror movies seem to be in right now so they are riding the wave.

Speaking of movie music, one of the songs that always comes to mind is Queen's Who Wants to Live Forever in Highlander. It is played while he carries is wife, who has died of old age, up the hill to be buried. If you don't feel something during this scene, you have no soul.

Yeah not for everyone but they are pumping out some very high quality grown up films. They have definitely tapped into some kind of selective formula in choosing the tone of their screenwriting, directing, acting, musical scores and cinematography that just works and they are running with it. Grown up horror movies seem to be in right now so they are riding the wave.

reminds me of well entertainment (asian movie production company)

sidenote, im having a hard time finishing up the movie that cold persuit was based on. maybe im getting old, or my attention span isnt the same anymore (mind you i love japanese movies)...

Shadow by the way SHOULD be available on digital release.

Speaking of movie music, one of the songs that always comes to mind is Queen's Who Wants to Live Forever in Highlander. It is played while he carries is wife, who has died of old age, up the hill to be buried. If you don't feel something during this scene, you have no soul.
Yeah Highlander was also something I watched a lot as a teen. And yeah the soundtrack / associated Queen stuff is awesome.

Finished watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night, couldn't finish it the first night we started watching, and overall we liked it. I don't think I've ever seen an interview with Freddie Mercury, so I don't know if they got that right, but the Malick guy did a pretty good job. I got goosebumps when they showed the Live Aid concert, as I remember seeing them play that on tv during the live broadcast. For those that have seen the movie, did you recognize the bass player? He seems to only make an appearance every 15 years or so in something.

good to know,

so, whats a better movie, this or ready player one (removing the reminiscent homage to the 80s)?

im still on the fence for ready player one, and at 20 bucks, a bit high for a movie im not really into. the best scene was the shining reference for me.

I waatched Alita last night and it is by far the better movie. I didn't care for Player One.

Back