• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Towen7

Staff member
That's why I said the technology could be vastly different, but it would still be the same year. In the movie, the say Noir man comes from 1932, and that anime girl comes from 3000 and something.
Maybe in that universe they stated using the calendar years before/after us.

Towen7

Staff member
Maybe, but the problem with that, their 1932 is pretty similar to our 1932.
With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away. “In that universe It’s always 1932”. It’s why I’m really, really not of a fan of using it as plot device. It’s just lazy story telling.

As for being similar to our universe ... again you can just say that their universe worked out exactly the same as ours did but it just started a few decades later.

Huey

Famous
With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away. “In that universe It’s always 1932”. It’s why I’m really, really not of a fan of using it as plot device. It’s just lazy story telling.

As for being similar to our universe ... again you can just say that their universe worked out exactly the same as ours did but it just started a few decades later.
My understanding of multiverse's is limited at best, but I do believe a day is a day, no matter what universe you are in.

I was rewatching the third season of Rick and Morty this weekend, come on season 4, but watching the citadel of Rick's, it was mentioned that they were all the same age, which doesn't prove or disprove a timeline. But at least in that case, they make it seem time is static across the multiverse.

Huey

Famous
Let me get this straight, are we breaking down the science of fictional multi-verses? As if there’s some concrete proof of anything?? :rtfm:
But we can speculate, can't we? It's no different than talking about most things science fiction, things that can't be proven, but we can dream of one day being a reality. Not that I'm dreaming of multiverses, but it is fun to think about. I thought having conversations were a good thing.

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
With infinite possibilities literally ANYTHING can explained away.
This. Along with time travel plots where anything can be undone by a backwards jump. All of these can be very annoying because you never know what's "real" and what could be completely reversed by a twist of plot. I hate that. I feel like the writers just want to screw with you and/or pad their resumes with side plots that really have nothing to do with the real story line.

Huey

Famous
This. Along with time travel plots where anything can be undone by a backwards jump. All of these can be very annoying because you never know what's "real" and what could be completely reversed by a twist of plot. I hate that. I feel like the writers just want to screw with you and/or pad their resumes with side plots that really have nothing to do with the real story line.
I get that and hate that as well, but not all shows treat multiverses like that. Sliders comes to mind. While not the best show out there, it was fun to watch what they would come up with in the next world, like when the cro-mags never died off and went onto become the reigning force on Earth. I think Stargate Atlantis did at least one show with a multiverse, and it was actually a pretty good episode.

TKoP

This doesn't get much love from the critics or audience members (19% and 48% on rotten tomatoes), but I thought it was worth a watch.