• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Just watched the latest season of Lost in Space. Funny how when working with teens how fast they grow between seasons. So much so, you have to write the passage of time in the script.

An almost 30-minute biopic of Ted Cassidy.

I knew him as "Lurch", and that Big Guy in a cave during Star Trek, but I was flabbergasted at how much more he had done.

An almost 30-minute biopic of Ted Cassidy.

I knew him as "Lurch", and that Big Guy in a cave during Star Trek, but I was flabbergasted at how much more he had done.
I also had no idea that he voiced the Hulk and opening narration for each episode. I have probably watched them a dozen times and never even noticed.

watched it. finished it. very very satisfied. at times, i yearned, wanted more, but...
i think its because witcher 1 was more about the side missions, and character development. i really wish one or two of the side missions we played in the wild hunt came about, but alas, it was still a great journey.

invest some time in the recap to refresh memory is something i think peeps should do.

MV5BZWE5ZDk4MmEtM2YxZi00ZTIzLWI4ZWItMjAzOTRiNzA1NjdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MDQ2MDQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I recorded this awhile back and finally watched the six, hour-long episodes the last couple days.

The school system I went through concentrated on US history, so except for Sunday School I didn't know much about the Middle East. This documentary filled in a lot of gaps for me, and I was amazed at how many historical names I recognized but some I had no idea they all ran through Jerusalem: King Saul, King Solomon, King David, Saladin, King Herod, King Richard the Lionhearted, Lawrence of Arabia, Cleopatra, Mark Anthony, King Faisal, Golda Meir, Ben-Gurion, Dayan, Nassar, King Abdullah, King Hussain, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

Filled in a lot of gaps for me, and I've left them on the DVR and need to watch them again in about a month or so.

So I started watching Don't Look Up (new movie with DiCaprio et. al. on Netflix) . While it's funny, it's also maddening as hell in its total plausibility, and was actively making me angry. So I decided to turn back to something more light and airy and stress free: The Witcher. :rolleyes:

So I started watching Don't Look Up (new movie with DiCaprio et. al. on Netflix) . While it's funny, it's also maddening as hell in its total plausibility, and was actively making me angry.
Yeah I found it both ridiculous and terrifying all at once. Not unlike Idiocracy.

So I started watching Don't Look Up (new movie with DiCaprio et. al. on Netflix) . While it's funny, it's also maddening as hell in its total plausibility, and was actively making me angry. So I decided to turn back to something more light and airy and stress free: The Witcher. :rolleyes:
try to watch season one again to get some of that good ol witcher feeling about.

toss a coin to the witcher, not AT the witcher. :D

Well played
Life is too short to not at least enjoy what’s meant to be enjoyable.

Watched this documentary series on Epix (via Amazon) about the history of punk rock music and scene. Some glaring omissions but otherwise pretty good general account of the genre. Some of the Iggy Pop, Johnny Rotten, Henry Rollins and other interviews are priceless if you grew up listening to this stuff and/or going to small venue shows. And the early nods to The Kinks, MC5 and other early influencers were well deserved.

MC5 circa 1970 well before there was even a "punk" label on this genre...

...it's fun to see actual footage of moments like this where a "sound" is kind of born. It's like there were a bunch of bands that all sounded similar and all of the sudden one of them taps into some next level intensity and raises the bar. I had this same conversation recently with someone about the origins of heavy metal. Was it early pioneer bands like Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly or Black Sabbath or were the first metal influencing riffs even earlier? I have heard a lot of metal musicians label this song recorded in 1966 as the first true metal riff. Can't say I disagree.

Personally I think Black Sabbath took the heavy sound and ran with it to the next level and defined the genre at least for me and my tastes. But this Simon and Garfunkel riff was "metal" even earlier.

Justified on Prime Video. Great show. I might have a man crush on Timothy Olyphant, who to me, gives off an Eastwood vibe.

JustifiedSsn1.jpg

Back