• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

So far we're digging The Afterparty on AppleTV+:

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvdHZzZXJpZXMvMmJjOGZhZWYtODM4My00Nzk4LWE2ZTQtYzY4YmViMGM1YzAyLnBuZw==

We started Reacher on Prime…..made it through 6/8 episodes. Not bad. I recall Jeff Mackwood talking about the Tom Cruise movies and Cruise and his stature not fitting the description of the character in the books. Alan Ritchson (Smallville, Titans) sure is a big dude and he definitely has a no nonsense demeanor.

We started Reacher on Prime…..made it through 6/8 episodes. Not bad. I recall Jeff Mackwood talking about the Tom Cruise movies and Cruise and his stature not fitting the description of the character in the books. Alan Ritchson (Smallville, Titans) sure is a big dude and he definitely has a no nonsense demeanor.
Technically Ritchson is still not big enough. Reacher is described in various books as being 6'5" an 240-250. But a much better representation than Cruise for certain. I read one review that sort of panned it saying Ritchson has the physical size but not the charisma that Cruise had. I will hold judgement until I actually watch it.

Technically Ritchson is still not big enough. Reacher is described in various books as being 6'5" an 240-250. But a much better representation than Cruise for certain. I read one review that sort of panned it saying Ritchson has the physical size but not the charisma that Cruise had. I will hold judgement until I actually watch it.
Ritchson isn‘t a fantastic actor but he’s definitely playing it a certain way. He actually shows more range in Titans. You can also see the character loosen up as the series progresses. I thought Cruise was pretty much himself with some fight choreography.

Ritchson isn‘t a fantastic actor but he’s definitely playing it a certain way. He actually shows more range in Titans. You can also see the character loosen up as the series progresses. I thought Cruise was pretty much himself with some fight choreography.
I don't care what the critics say, I like this Reacher WAY better than Cruise . Binged watched first 4 episodes last night. Enjoying. Curious if this turns into a long running Bosch sort of thing. Goodness knows there are enough books for source material. Only problem, Ritchson would have to carry the series as there aren't a lot of recurring characters.

Not your typical animated series. Definitely for mature audiences.

1644257201063.png

i was actually curious as to your reactions to reacher. i know we have a bunch of lee child readers here, and glad to see their input.

i cant believe hes still not up to par with lee childs description of him?

im still tempted to read the books, but dont know what to follow, chronologically or by release date so to speak.

about the series im definitely enjoying it a lot. been watching it since day 1. i can see cruise doing the tough guy thing protrayal well, but hes no slouch either.

^ I’m doubtful that actors are falling off trees that fit the exact description of the character in the books. I don’t want to see The Rock and John Cena (as good as they are in some material) in everything. I for one can live with Ritchson in the role.

^ I’m doubtful that actors are falling off trees that fit the exact description of the character in the books. I don’t want to see The Rock and John Cena (as good as they are in some material) in everything. I for one can live with Ritchson in the role.
yeeaaahhhh. some people should end up taking the accolades when it comes to several roles. there are some roles meant for others, and quite frankly, need new blood to play them.

Psyched to start watching second season of Raised By Wolves. Had mixed feelings about first season and how it ended. But there were some moments of greatness along the way so hoping the second season taps into some of what I did really like about season one (as in the first and by far the best episode).

Apparently Reacher went over while on Prime since opening Feb 4. They have renewed for a second season .

Started Reacher last night watched two episodes. Never read the books so no opinion on accurate portrayal of the character by Cruise vs. this guy but I enjoyed both the first Cruise movie and the show. The Cruise sequel I thought was not anywhere near as good as the first one.

Started Reacher last night watched two episodes. Never read the books so no opinion on accurate portrayal of the character by Cruise vs. this guy but I enjoyed both the first Cruise movie and the show. The Cruise sequel I thought was not anywhere near as good as the first one.
i liked it, wrapped up last night.

felt and now understood why, this i believe was his first book, the killing floor? (please correct me if ever), and i can somewhat see it. a bit rough around the edges but im comparing this to the cruise movies.

great show tho, i really liked it. i liked the secondary character, and wish they invest more into it later on.

season 2 has been green lighted.

time to find a new show to binge.

Finished Reacher last night. Can't say I have ever watched a bigger steaming pile of wooden acting, bad writing, plot holes, stereotypes, clichés, predictability and nonsense. Having said all of that I enjoyed it immensely... in a hot mess of a Tango & Cash/Cobra/throwback 80's tough guy against the world shoot 'em up beat 'em up kind of way. Will definitely sign on to watch season two.

Finished Reacher last night. Can't say I have ever watched a bigger steaming pile of wooden acting, bad writing, plot holes, stereotypes, clichés, predictability and nonsense. Having said all of that I enjoyed it immensely... in a hot mess of a Tango & Cash/Cobra/throwback 80's tough guy against the world shoot 'em up beat 'em up kind of way. Will definitely sign on to watch season two.

I wasn’t all that interested in the series until I read this review. Will check it out.

Back