• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A Poll With a Purpose

Do You Own an SPL Meter?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zing said:
What is that purpose you ask? You'll see.
Wait a minute Zing, would you sign your name on purchase agreement form before knowing what kind of car and how much it costs? :roll:

Zing said:
Apparently, it was to embarrass the one schmuck who doesn't have one... :angry-tappingfoot: :oops: :laughing:

Botch said:
Apparently, it was to embarrass the one schmuck who doesn't have one...
Nice going.

Truthfully, I have a spare SPL meter and if I found "one schmuck who doesn't have one", I was going to send it to him as a gift since they're such an invaluable tool. But since this POS software doesn't allow me to see who voted for what, I can't ask who it was because you may have just embarrassed him into hiding.

yromj said:
Zing said:

To call out Matt? Wait...didn't he finally break down and buy one?

John

Nah, I believe he spent his SPL meter money on a subwoofer and more speakers. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

Rope said:
yromj said:
Zing said:

To call out Matt? Wait...didn't he finally break down and buy one?

John

Nah, I believe he spent his SPL meter money on a subwoofer and more speakers. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

......or hookers.

Wait...we are still talking about Matt, right? :mrgreen:

Oh, I own three, and several other devices which provide the same capability.

I tried an app on my smart phone for measuring SPL, turned out to be wildly inaccurate.

Zing said:
Botch said:
Apparently, it was to embarrass the one schmuck who doesn't have one...
Nice going.

Truthfully, I have a spare SPL meter and if I found "one schmuck who doesn't have one", I was going to send it to him as a gift since they're such an invaluable tool. But since this POS software doesn't allow me to see who voted for what, I can't ask who it was because you may have just embarrassed him into hiding.
You didn't notice my "embarrassed" icon... ;)
I don't have one, and appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't use it. I've already got music software that'd do the same thing, and a laptop in a day or two, but I'm the kinda guy who moves things around until it sounds good, plus my Yammie receiver has an equalization function anyway.

Hopefully there will be another w/o...

Botch said:
...plus my Yammie receiver has an equalization function anyway...

I can tell you from a great deal of experience w/ this that the built in programs don't do as good a job as a person can do w/ an SPL meter. The music software may be able to do it for you, though. If not, I can't stress to you how easy it is to make a noticeable improvement in your systm.

John

yromj said:
Towen7 said:
I own three. Do I get extra credit?

So, how did you answer? I mean you don't own "an" SPL meter you own "one or more".

John

Well if it is true that he owns three, then it is true that he owns one.

Just thought I'd clear up any confusion.

yromj said:
Botch said:
...plus my Yammie receiver has an equalization function anyway...

I can tell you from a great deal of experience w/ this that the built in programs don't do as good a job as a person can do w/ an SPL meter. The music software may be able to do it for you, though. If not, I can't stress to you how easy it is to make a noticeable improvement in your systm.

John

WORD!

YPAO will get it close, not dead on nuts. SPL meters with full range pink noise will be a bullseye.

Rope

WORD ?!?!

I thought we were supposed to turn the clocks back one hour. Not the calendars back to 1990.

For some reason I can't submit a vote in any of these POLL threads.

When I select the button next to the option and click SUBMIT, it says my choice is invalid.

Anywhooo, I own 1 real SPL meter and also a phone app which works ok.

D

Guys like SoundHound and Flint probably don't even need them anymore except to check how good their listening still works.

Back