• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another Blow to Netflix

Towen7 said:
Exclusivity is fine. I've got no issue with HBO, Warner Bros., etc. wanting exclusive content and to own the customer experience. What I need though is an aggregator to make it easy to find what I want to watch amount all the available sources. That was what I thought GoogleTV and Boxee would be.

I don't want to have to access and search each app to find content; Netflix, HBO Go, Sho Go, NBC, Hulu... I need something that can search every "channel" that I subscribe to and search it all for me. Essentially a channel guide for streaming content.

I've just been thinking about all this (BB going under etc). If Sony etc won't let Netflix no longer stream their stuff (but they sure love selling Netflex all the DVD's & BR's) wonder why Netflex doesn't say "Fine, we won't buy anymore of your disc's....let Blockbuster etc carry the load w/renting disc's) then if Amazon joins Netflix for streaming (which is really where all this is going anyway----the cloud).....
I bet the studios would make a deal to stream their stuff (since going to the movies idea has just about died)....just a thought.

Now Warner disks are going to a 56 day "hold" until they are released on Netflix, and maybe Redbox. LINK

Huey said:
Now Warner disks are going to a 56 day "hold" until they are released on Netflix, and maybe Redbox. LINK

The way I interpret that article is WB is putting the hold on distribution to ALL rental outlets (not just NF or RB) in order to increase sales. If that is the case NF will not be at a disadvantage. Now I can go to my local rental place and get it on the day of release, not anymore. Only the consumer will really get screwed.

And why 56 days? sounds like an arbitrary number.

How greedy can these asshats get?

EDIT: Now I see 56 is 2x the current 28 day wait time. And upon more careful reading maybe I am wrong it might just be NF and RB.

WTF NF?

There used to be the categories "New Movies" and "New Television" on the NF menus on the computer (and Roku). they have been changed to "New Releases" and "Newly Added to Netflix". 50% of the items are in both categories and movies and TV shows are mixed up.

Admitted minor in the whole scheme of things but just another irritating customer service screw-up from what has become a clueless business.

mzpro5 said:
WTF NF?

There used to be the categories "New Movies" and "New Television" on the NF menus on the computer (and Roku). they have been changed to "New Releases" and "Newly Added to Netflix". 50% of the items are in both categories and movies and TV shows are mixed up.

Admitted minor in the whole scheme of things but just another irritating customer service screw-up from what has become a clueless business.

I thought it was confusing before that "New Movies" didn't mean new releases - it meant that the movie was new to Netflix. Seems like they're moving to correct that but screwed it up by not separating movies and television...

And on another note, every time I see one of their stupid new commercials with talking animals I feel I made the right decision by cancelling...

I'm gonna switch the title of this thread up a bit. How bout NF just blow me!

Rope

CMonster said:
mzpro5 said:
WTF NF?

I thought it was confusing before that "New Movies" didn't mean new releases - it meant that the movie was new to Netflix. Seems like they're moving to correct that but screwed it up by not separating movies and television...

And on another note, every time I see one of their stupid new commercials with talking animals I feel I made the right decision by cancelling...
I bet everyone would be without Ins etc if they cancelled all their providers that use a "talking animal" on their commercials...Right Rope ?

Back