• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Any new music I should be listening too?

oh! i know one album,

220px-NatalieMerchantTigerlily.jpg

natalie merchant, tibgerlily.

which brings me to one question, if yoiu HAD to listen to one album, and listen to that one alone, which one would it be?

Ooo... Natalie Merchant. I can't do it. She just grated on me for some reason. Again, someone I should like but just can't. I know i'm being difficult, but there are certain folks that... well, i just can't.

As for the pick one album. it would be Within a Mile of Home by Flogging Molly.
220px-Flogging_molly_within_a_mile_of_home_cd_cover.jpg

I think this was the first album i picked up from them. and I still love it.
It's one of the few albums where I like every song on the album.

I'll just throw out a few ideas, maybe one will ring for you. These are all over the place.

The War on Drugs
Saint Motel
Pinback
Jose Gonzales / Junip
Arcade Fire
Future Islands
Gretta Van Fleet

You know, what's scary is that with the exception of maybe a couple, ALL the above bands (I assume they're bands) I've never hear of. On the other hand I bet there's nobody here who can name Lawrence Welk's first piano player.:shocked:
Not sure if this is correct, and I'll admit I looked it up, but Big Tiny Little? But it did say he started one month after the show started, so there could have been, and probably was, for a month somebody else. Sorry Tkop, but the bands listed, most of them I've never even heard of, so I don't think my suggestions would be of much use. I will drop this little song from the Lawrence Welk show.

Ooo... Natalie Merchant. I can't do it. She just grated on me for some reason. Again, someone I should like but just can't. I know i'm being difficult, but there are certain folks that... well, i just can't.

As for the pick one album. it would be Within a Mile of Home by Flogging Molly.
220px-Flogging_molly_within_a_mile_of_home_cd_cover.jpg

I think this was the first album i picked up from them. and I still love it.
It's one of the few albums where I like every song on the album.

thats the thing right? we all have different taste and considerations when it comes to music. thats why its 'personal'.

i think my jazz might be something others wouldnt consider 'jazz' jazz.

i love

george benson
chuck mangione
spyrogyra
dave brubeck.

so we all have different kind of perceptions and thats what makes it special, personal to people.

i still cant think of an album i can use...

Not sure if this is correct, and I'll admit I looked it up, but Big Tiny Little?
Yup, Big Tiny Little. You win a gallon of the Wonder Contact Cleaner, Soundhound Piss. That's the good news. The bad news is that you have to buy me sufficient beer so I have the raw ingredient for manufacture of said piss.

Yup, Big Tiny Little. You win a gallon of the Wonder Contact Cleaner, Soundhound Piss. That's the good news. The bad news is that you have to buy me sufficient beer so I have the raw ingredient for manufacture of said piss.
Awesome! I have the best Mexican beer that a couple of peso's can buy. It'll run right through you.

Here's what I've listened to so far -- i'm giving each one at least an hour on Amazon Prime Music Unlimited:
  • Cold War Kids -- i did know one of their songs. I liked them, maybe not a favorite, but good.
  • Thank You Science -- i really like the instrumental portion, but the vocalist killed it for me.
  • Vance Joy -- Was "ok".
  • The National -- on par with Cold War Kids
  • Avett Brothers --I really like this one. I'm about 20minutes in and i've liked all the songs. Favorite so far.
  • Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats -- they just dropped a new album yesterday. I like it -- a good vibe. I like the previous album better, but still good.
  • Rolling Stones -- Exile on Main Street -- a friend at the office told me this was his favorite Stones album. I realized I haven't really delved into much of their non-famous stuff. This was a great album. I now need to go back and hit up some of the other stuff I hadn't heard.

I'll just throw out a few ideas, maybe one will ring for you. These are all over the place.

The War on Drugs
Saint Motel
Pinback
Jose Gonzales / Junip
Arcade Fire
Future Islands
Gretta Van Fleet
Added to the list -- thanks!

thats the thing right? we all have different taste and considerations when it comes to music. thats why its 'personal'.

i think my jazz might be something others wouldnt consider 'jazz' jazz.

i love

george benson
chuck mangione
spyrogyra
dave brubeck.

so we all have different kind of perceptions and thats what makes it special, personal to people.

i still cant think of an album i can use...

I have a feeling those fall into the genre my girlfriend back in the 90's liked... Dave Brubeck and Spyrogyra seem to ring a bell on those. I know Chuck (not my thing) and Geroge Benson does sound familiar (different than Spro and Brubeck). I'll try 'em though.

Here's what I've listened to so far -- i'm giving each one at least an hour on Amazon Prime Music Unlimited:
  • Cold War Kids -- i did know one of their songs. I liked them, maybe not a favorite, but good.
  • Thank You Science -- i really like the instrumental portion, but the vocalist killed it for me.
  • Vance Joy -- Was "ok".
  • The National -- on par with Cold War Kids
  • Avett Brothers --I really like this one. I'm about 20minutes in and i've liked all the songs. Favorite so far.
  • Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats -- they just dropped a new album yesterday. I like it -- a good vibe. I like the previous album better, but still good.
  • Rolling Stones -- Exile on Main Street -- a friend at the office told me this was his favorite Stones album. I realized I haven't really delved into much of their non-famous stuff. This was a great album. I now need to go back and hit up some of the other stuff I hadn't heard.
I am a big fan of the Avett Brothers!!

You obviously have very diverse tastes. I would suggest Wilco but I suspect you already have them in your collection.

Of course , for pure power pop, you can't go wrong with Fountains of Wayne. Thanks to Flint for suggesting them way back. Love 'em!!

Of course, for amazingly well crafted Power Pop, there the Merrymakers, The Gigolo Aunts, The Tories, The Red Button, Jellyfish, and such.

Back