• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Audiophools abound

Damnit, you mean I could have been buying the wrong speaker cables this whole time and didn't and wouldn't have known it because of our stupid and ridiculously complicated copyright laws not allowing vendors to give us the information needed to make an educated purchase.

Screw this place, I'm moving to China.

I think that you would do quite well in China Randy!!! This is where I say things about how Asian Girls would fall at your feet, however that would be politically incorrect.......................

You may be just screwing around with Akula and already know this, but those cables look like they are from China and we all know how well they protect western copyrights.

Yup. China's attitude toward intellectual property is incredibly blasé. I was talking to my sister about it (she works for John Deere on a product line that's made in and for China). She said it's a cultural thing- the way you learn is by copying those who went before you (unsurprising in a culture that has great veneration for ancestors). Innovation isn't generally encouraged since it makes you stand out from the crowd, and that's also a culture that encourages conformity. So you copy what went before- you do it to learn how, then you just keep on doing it. They just don't see intellectual property theft in the same way that western nations do.

That's cool your sister works for John Deere @Akula . We run mostly Deere equipment here, but what they charge for the name is insane at times. Most people don't realize the millions of dollars farmers have tied up in rolling stock. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.

That's cool your sister works for John Deere @Akula . We run mostly Deere equipment here, but what they charge for the name is insane at times. Most people don't realize the millions of dollars farmers have tied up in rolling stock. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.

She's on the construction side (based up in Dubuque). Her stuff gets painted yellow and gray, not green. I did get to play in a modular bulldozer simulator once when I visited (not as cool as it sounds, mostly just a headset, chair, and attachable panels used to test control setups) since somebody in that lab owed her a favor.

You should see the size of the Deere decals for China. Over there the brand name is real status, so the stuff is HUGE. They want to make darn sure the neighbors know they spent the money.

/This thread ain't just derailed, we've hijacked it and are taking it to Cuba

Our front end loader actually comes from the construction end of things, so is painted yellow as well. That's something I didn't know about the decals over there. Thanks for sharing Akula.

Saw on Facebook today:

ISO on gear that will get me more from my new PSB Alpha T20 speakers. I already have a great Onkyo receiver, but which cables, lifts, spikes, power conditioners, and break-in material do you guys recommend to get more from them as I know they can sound better. Also considering Tidal for HD audio streaming, as I need more from them.

Saw on Facebook today:

ISO on gear that will get me more from my new PSB Alpha T20 speakers. I already have a great Onkyo receiver, but which cables, lifts, spikes, power conditioners, and break-in material do you guys recommend to get more from them as I know they can sound better. Also considering Tidal for HD audio streaming, as I need more from them.

Yes, his speakers can sound better. Replace the Onkyo receiver with a nice integrated or pre/amp combo.

Saw on Facebook today:

I can only hope that it was a joke.

These types of test disks can be extremely useful when setting up a turntable and cartridge. I have a couple from CBS which I use every time I setup a cartridge just to ensure I got it right.

However, in the description, I saw this:
and frequency sweeps that ultrasonically clean the cartridge stylus and degauss the entire system.

Really? Ultrasonically clean the stylus? I think not! Degauss the "entire" system??? GOD!!! I hope not!!!! I need the magnets in the cartridge and loudspeakers to remain gaussed or they don't work!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

On one hand, yes, adding dense acoustic absorbing material in an enclosure will result in a low level frequency response which is closer to using a larger enclosure. That is 100% accurate!

HOWEVER!!!! (and this is very important)

Stuffing an enclosure does not add volume to the air inside the enclosure, in fact it takes away volume from the inside of the enclosure. The air suspension, or back pressure on the driver, does not get looser at volume levels where the limiting factor on the driver is the air suspension (also called the air spring). In a larger enclosure the driver can move further before reaching a certain level of resistance from the air pressure than in a smaller enclosure. Especially for a small woofer in a small enclosure which will be working very very hard to reach enjoyable SPLs, this is VERY important.

In the video the host was measuring a SPLs so low he could speak over them to the camera and you could barely even hear the test tone. This made sense because of the very close mic measurement technique. However, had he made the same measurements with the speaker producing, say, 85dB SPL at 2 meters (which is slightly louder than normal), the results would have been TOTALLY different.

ARG!!! I hate it when these Youtube experts get it so wrong without fully explaining the entire impact.

So, yes, the concept that adding stuffing will result in the woofer performing as if it is in a larger enclosure is 100% accurate and it is the result of LOSSES caused by the stuffing. However, that effect is only effective at low enough SPLs that the driver is not over-compressing the air inside the enclosure - and this is applicable for both sealed and vented enclosures. If the example were a 12" or 15" woofer in a PA speaker where the installation limitations called for making the enclosure 10% smaller than ideal, this would be mostly appropriate. However, he demonstrating a super tiny subwoofer crammed into a ultra tiny enclosure nearly HALF the size of ideal. That won't work in real life and anyone who follows his advice is going to get terrible results in real world applications.

ARG!

OKay, so, um, ...

Um...

WTF?

LS: So let’s put it another way, what would you say is the high level takeaway for what UEF tech does?
TD: It’s a technology that reacts to multiple waveforms: electromagnetic waves, radio waves, and soundwaves. The more things you treat, the better the sound gets. Things such as HFTs, acoustic panels, ground blocks, cables with UEF, etc. all make a difference. You are essentially linking all this stuff together to make a more harmonious whole. If you treat the electrical signal and the mechanical vibrations, you get more harmony and it sounds like live music and less like a stereo attempting to play music that has no resemblance to the space where the original recording takes place. At the signal level, it interacts with the actual electrons themselves. There is a quantum coupling that takes place. I believe electrons can exist in multiple states. They can be chaotic or have more order to their flow, or at least less agitated.
LS: At the factory, you zap your cables with a Tesla coil. Is that what makes electrons more orderly as well?
TD: It creates a pathway for electrons to flow. However, I believe electricity flows as a waveform above the conductor. There is no way electrons are moving through wire like water goes through a hose. No way, no how. The energy excites the electron and it creates an energy wave that rides above the conductor. I don’t believe that electrons flow through a conductor. This is the kind of thing that is debatable among physicists. We are still learning exactly how this works: making observations all the time and then developing theories. Many physicists seem to feel the evidence points to electrons not behaving like water through a pipe. You can’t prove your own existence in the universe. Humans have a need to have easy explanations and often are overly confident in those easy explanations.
LS: You have field generators inside the Synergistic Research PowerCell 12. How does that work?
TD: We are using two fields. We have a DC field and the Earth Schumann Resonance. When you have the two combined the energy is combined.
LS: Tell me more about the Earth’s Schumann resonance.
TD: That was the frequency that we evolved for on this planet. It’s the only RF frequency before modern times. A very, very low frequency wave with one cycle equating to the length of New Zealand. What we are doing is making the predominant RF frequency the same RF frequency that exists in nature prior to radio and all the other manmade frequencies. These unnatural frequencies create tension and anxiety in humans and, left untreated, tension and anxiety in the sound of a stereo. When you replace these with the Earth Schumann resonance, you are replacing something unnatural with something that is natural and that causes you to respond more favorably to music.>>

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/09/07/synergistic-research-powercell-12-uef-se/

Yes and in the movie Contact it was just Science, The tape did record 16 hrs of static. The person only dropped from top to bottom in less than a second or two. yes movie majic

Alright folk, here's the latest installment of audiophoolery for your entertainment:

http://www.highfidelitycables.com/index.php

Check out the videos from these guys, they are insane with claims which make no sense whatsoever. One thing is true, however, the magnets will act as lowpass filters. I'd be interested in seeing a lab test on what frequencies are affected by all these magnets.

Alright folk, here's the latest installment of audiophoolery for your entertainment:

Check out the videos from these guys, they are insane with claims which make no sense whatsoever. One thing is true, however, the magnets will act as lowpass filters. I'd be interested in seeing a lab test on what frequencies are affected by all these magnets.

One meter of their second best speaker wires $34, 900 per meter, top set "call for pricing" Low end 1299 per meter.

Reminds me of the magnets that have been sold that you place onto your body and they cure everything.

These guys were at Lone Star Audio Fest earlier this year. Unfortunately it wasn't until after I wandered into their room when I realized what I had gotten myself into lol. I politely listened to the guy's sales pitch which took longer than I cared for, and then left. :sleeping:

Back