• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

Question for you Bats.

What kind of sound response do you get around that Batman alcove. Any resonance or does it trap the bass in there?

Doghart said:
Nice!

Looking forward to GTG 3.0!

Where's the PB13???

D
The PB13 was recently sold to Tee's friend Ray during the last little GTG. I will use that money to partially fund the IB project should I ultimately choose to pursue it. For now I still have the 2 dyns holding me over until Mick demands they be sent back...

Deacon said:
Question for you Bats.

What kind of sound response do you get around that Batman alcove. Any resonance or does it trap the bass in there?
Deacon, no resonance of any kind anywhere in the room. The pieces of styrofoam that make up the alcove are wedged at the bottom with wood shims and the sides are tacked to the walls with liquid nails. During my several phases of construction prior to that, I made sure any items that could potentially rattle were securely fastened. As far as room response, noone took a measurement prior to the alcove being installed so it's impossible to know for sure what effects it had either good or bad. No one has noticed any obvious ill effects as a result or at least haven't mentioned noticing anything unusual...

Whenever I tell people why I go to Deleware for vacation and they get that "WTF" look on their face, I just show em one of your Youtube clips and they completely understand. Bats you are truly one of the few people on this planet who is truly blessed in all facets of life. Your theater is the "reason" we all attend your GTG's but those who have attended know that's just 10% of why people go, the friends here are the other 90% and I think if you finally get that IB setup, you will have what many of us consider the "pinnacle" of HT. Congrats buddy and congrats to Bryan too, he did one hell of a job also.

MatthewB said:
Whenever I tell people why I go to Delaware for vacation and they get that "WTF" look on their face,.........

Yeah I don't get that. A few years ago, I was telling someone I was going to Arkansas for my vacation when asked (Yromj's GTG) and got the same look. Do people not use any common sense and just assume there maybe family and/or friends at that "odd" location? :roll:

Next time, when asked, I'm going to tell them "it's a counter-intelligence thing, they wouldn't understand." :laughing:

MatthewB said:
Whenever I tell people why I go to Deleware for vacation and they get that "WTF" look on their face,
I guess they don't know about no state sales tax in Delaware. Next time tell them that you are going on a shopping spree.

I remember seeing that vad on other locales and thoguth how cool it was. You know what.... it still is. Very nice, Bats.

Yesfan70 said:
MatthewB said:
Whenever I tell people why I go to Delaware for vacation and they get that "WTF" look on their face,.........

Yeah I don't get that. A few years ago, I was telling someone I was going to Arkansas for my vacation when asked (Yromj's GTG) and got the same look. Do people not use any common sense and just assume there maybe family and/or friends at that "odd" location? :roll:

Next time, when asked, I'm going to tell them "it's a counter-intelligence thing, they wouldn't understand." :laughing:

Yeah, here's a tip: Never EVER try to explain to someone that you're going half-way across the country to hang out w/ some dudes you met on the net. That doesn't go so well...

John

That is one of the best I've seen. My cousin has an elaborate HT, but yours takes the cake.

He cares more about his bowling alley in his house then any other thing he has in it. I'm not a bowler, I'm a HT nut. You win.

Really, I too would love to see it in person. Great get-a-way if you know what I mean. :handgestures-thumbup:

Xgm3 said:
Amazing HT!
smgreen20 said:
That is one of the best I've seen. My cousin has an elaborate HT, but yours takes the cake.

He cares more about his bowling alley in his house then any other thing he has in it. I'm not a bowler, I'm a HT nut. You win.

Really, I too would love to see it in person. Great get-a-way if you know what I mean. :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks guys!! I'm glad you can appreciate the effort that went into it :text-thankyoublue:

Batman said:
Thanks guys!! I'm glad you can appreciate the effort that went into it :text-thankyoublue:

Thank you because I appreciate the opportunity(s) to walk into it.

John

yromj said:
Yesfan70 said:
MatthewB said:

Yeah, here's a tip: Never EVER try to explain to someone that you're going half-way across the country to hang out w/ some dudes you met on the net. That doesn't go so well...

John

Yeah, I don't do that. I just let people get the impression you all once lived where I'm at now and just moved on to better pastures at a certain edge. For all they know, I went to high school with everyone here. LOL!

Yesfan70 said:
Yeah, I don't do that. I just let people get the impression you all once lived where I'm at now and just moved on to better pastures at a certain edge. For all they know, I went to high school with everyone here. LOL!

Sounds like all your friends think we're dead.

John

i dont know how, but my work pc actually allowed that youtube video.

i was able to see this from the start until the end, and even remembered teasing with the theater we saw years back that emenated the 'batcave HT' from that recliner company.

im happy for you bats, and i can see no more upgrades in the future for you. :D

of course, until batman goes 3D... :D

jomari said:
i dont know how, but my work pc actually allowed that youtube video.

i was able to see this from the start until the end, and even remembered teasing with the theater we saw years back that emenated the 'batcave HT' from that recliner company.

im happy for you bats, and i can see no more upgrades in the future for you. :D

of course, until batman goes 3D... :D
Thanks!! and SHHHHH......:eusa-whistle:

:text-link:

:text-link:

Back