• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

Batman said:
Botch said:
Sweet! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

Hey Bats, do you have any DVD-A's? Have you played one thru your new Oppo? I'm curious if the new unit clips the first few milliseconds of each track, and if the laser head "seeks" between tracks, like my -83 does...
Thanks Botch! No I don't have any DVD-As...

I have Becks Sea Change. I thought you had it already.

Bats, if your HT is not worthy of a feature article in S & V, Home Theater, or Home Theater Interiors, then I have never seen one that is. simply stunning. :text-bravo:

Randy said:
Bats, if your HT is not worthy of a feature article in S & V, Home Theater, or Home Theater Interiors, then I have never seen one that is. simply stunning. :text-bravo:
That's what I'm hoping for :handgestures-fingerscrossed: ...can't do fingers crossed smiley from my phone :)

Batman said:
Is it in that batch of CDs you lent me to check out?

Maybe....I know it's not here and I did lend it to someone. I also have Becks Guero on DVD-A

-B- said:
Batman said:
Is it in that batch of CDs you lent me to check out?

Maybe....I know it's not here and I did lend it to someone. I also have Becks Guero on DVD-A
Cool! Maybe we can check them out together since we haven't hung out in a few weeks...

-B- said:
Batman said:
-B- said:
Cool! Maybe we can check them out together since we haven't hung out in a few weeks...

word
I'll be anxious to hear the results! :handgestures-thumbup:

A teaser for you, Bats. I'm reading the review of the Integra DHC-40.2 in the Feb issue of Home Theater. I quote:
The text-based display is quite bright, but thankfully it's dimmable to call less attention to itself in a dark room. However, you can't turn it off completely-not good in a bat cave home theater.

Had you sent any pics to them yet? :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Still waiting for Nicole to get back to me once she's done processing and editing the pictures. What are your opinions fellas? I don't really care to send the pics to S&V, HTmag is easy enough to submit pictures and a write up to, but I think I like the treatment that Electronic House gives to the DIY crowd. Last year they did a newsstand only issue dedicated to their top 25 DIY rooms. So who would YOU want to feature your room if you were me? (provided both parties were interested)

You can't do more than one? (sorry if you've mentioned this already and I missed it)

Well, I was trying to look at it from an editors perspective and how I would feel if I ran someones theater only to find out he submitted pictures to 3 other mags w/o telling me...

Batman said:
Well, I was trying to look at it from an editors perspective and how I would feel if I ran someones theater only to find out he submitted pictures to 3 other mags w/o telling me...
Well, I've seen Mila Kunis on Jimmy Kimmel show talking about Black Swan and sky jumping, then again on Craig Ferguson show talking about same things. Didn't bother me at all to see her twice in less than a month. :drool:

Just check with the magazine because chances are that the publisher will request (or even require) that pics they publish not be in another magazine for a given time period. There is no harm in submitting proofs to several mags at the same time. If one or more wants to feature your room they'll give you all the details when they ask for the high resolution images.

Towen7 said:
Just check with the magazine because chances are that the publisher will request (or even require) that pics they publish not be in another magazine for a given time period. There is no harm in submitting proofs to several mags at the same time. If one or more wants to feature your room they'll give you all the details when they ask for the high resolution images.
Agreed. I send out resumes to more than one employer at a time... :eusa-whistle:

Hey, if you guys say so :happy-smileygiantred: I was really not sure what is proper etiquette...

Batman said:
Hey, if you guys say so :happy-smileygiantred: I was really not sure what is proper etiquette...

I'm sure the magazine industry is chock full of etiquette.....

Back