• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

Well I guess that answers why I was asking about Barcroft Media...funny they didn't even contact me to let me know the piece was finished. Hope you guys enjoy.

:laughing-lettersrofl: I'm on a web page with Chris Pine, RDJr, and Spider-Man!!

e7e5b6d78abcc9bcfffeb41dd3c65bb1_zpsd377c1b7.jpg

Cool, congrats! Let us humble peons in the rest of the world be jealous! :laughing:

That was way cool Chris! Nice looking room and a nice looking family! :text-bravo:

Thanks guys! And thanks for being supportive. Many/most of you have been along for the ride going back to S&V. I was apprehensive about the shoot because I always wanted the Bat Cave to be featured in a tech mag or blog because it was DIFFERENT and UNIQUE, and a GREAT theater, considering the components, soundproofing, and all the hard work my friends and I put into it. While the articles & video play up my fandom more than I would've liked, (who wants to look like a geek that never gets laid :happy-smileygiantred: ) I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. They edited a lot of video out (we shot about ~ 2hrs of footage, between touring the basement, discussing several collectibles and interviews with myself, Joanna & Zachary). I was also concerned with Daniel's participation and how he would appear as this angry kid, when NO ONE outside this community understands his daily ups & downs with Aspergers. In the end, although he had zero interest in being in the piece, he sucked it up and played along as best he could. The piece had every opportunity to be way more over-the-top cheesy and considering what I know was shot and what they eventually used, I don't think I appear to be as nervous as I really was in the moment. I'm the guy at various events that does a complete 180° when the camcorder is in my face. And all they gave me to work with was the idea behind the piece as we were shooting. None of the dialogue was scripted. It was all meant in good fun and I think the entire piece portrays that (despite what the Internet trolls think). Thanks again and thanks for being a bunch of great friends!

Hey, your kids prove you've gotten laid at least twice. ;)

It's cool for us to see something like that when we have a much better idea of all that's gone into it than your average internet viewers. Glad they included the family, too. You guys looked like you were having fun and not overly nervous, to me.

Awesome Batman. My wife and I watched last night, and she couldn't believe the work you put into the cave. She'd seen your previous video, but this was a little more casual and not as "technical".

Now, I don't mean to offend, but.....what do you hope to achieve with this? Just curious......

Oh....good looking family, by the way.

Batman said:
None of the dialogue was scripted.
Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less from Batman. ;)

I went to the site and checked out the whole thing. Some comments seem to be jabs at you out of jealousy. :)

jamhead said:
Awesome Batman. My wife and I watched last night, and she couldn't believe the work you put into the cave. She'd seen your previous video, but this was a little more casual and not as "technical".

Now, I don't mean to offend, but.....what do you hope to achieve with this? Just curious......

Oh....good looking family, by the way.
Thanks for the compliments, I really don't hope to achieve anything. In fact Barcroft Media reached out to me after contacting Elite HTS to inquire about their photoshopped Bat Cave. Since I can and do work with Elite on occasion, Elite put them in touch with me.

Loved the look you gave at the end as if you were expecting the Batman figure to move. Btw shared this on Facebook. My friends are jealous.

You can have it as long as you pay the mortgage. Typical Jo quote. :happy-smileygiantred:

Chris,
That s seriously cool. Glad to see you are getting some recognition for all of your hard work and dedication. I seriously hope I cn make the GTG and finally see it in person. But, it doesn't look good right now. If I am able to get out there it will be a last minute deal.

Seriously congrats again. I will showthisto a lot of people and I will tell every one of them that not only are you a geek, but you are a very cool geek and one hell of a nice guy.

Back