• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

I actually like the look of the pics they feature in Electronic House way better than HY Magazine, but I can't really complain. But EH is more tuned to the finer HT rooms while HT Mag is geared more towards well done average joe systems. btw Bats outstanding job, you should be very proud and you still suck.

Very nice! I'm sure the experience of walking in for a movie or listening session is exciting every time.

-B- said:
Batman said:
Hey, if you guys say so :happy-smileygiantred: I was really not sure what is proper etiquette...

I'm sure the magazine industry is chock full of etiquette.....

I'm not too sure about home magazines. With custom truck and car magazines the editor/photographers want to get the first feature and really don't wanna have them feature as a main vehicle in another magazine. If you have a feature vehicle it is best to talk to all the photographers and then the one who picks ya is the one you go with. IT doesn't hurt to ask, but after you get picked you dance with the one who brung ya.

I see Home Theater mag as a better goal. It has better circulation generally (at least I get it and see it more often than EH). For bragging rights, the bigger the better...or just getting in a magazine is pretty darn good for a average joe when it comes to home stuff.

Cars or trucks, most (if you're in the clique) can get featured with an above average vehicle.

I just read two articles over at AVS about Miley Cyrus' HT setup and some-other semi-famous twit....

Anyhow, neither could hold a candle to your setup dude.

:banana-rock:

D

I have recently fixed/repaired the second row riser. Now people won't trip on that little section that stuck out from under the seats in the second row. The lip is now flush with the front of the recliners while maintaining the same height as before...Don't worry, my carpet guy is coming out Thursday evening to re-install the carpet in that area. Plenty of time to spare for the GTG... :teasing-neener:

eea36156.jpg

685bd256.jpg

Batman said:
I have recently fixed/repaired the second row riser. Now people won't trip on that little section that stuck out from under the seats in the second row. The lip is now flush with the front of the recliners while maintaining the same height as before...Don't worry, my carpet guy is coming out Thursday evening to re-install the carpet in that area. Plenty of time to spare for the GTG... :teasing-neener:

eea36156.jpg

685bd256.jpg

CLEAN THAT SHIT UP!!!!

^ no problem! Worst case scenario is that B and I are cleaning up at the last second the night before the GTG. That hasn't happened before...

You have 10+ guys showing up who are more than capable of helping out a bit... lazy bums tryin' to make Bats pander to all of us! :eek:bscene-buttred:

Batman said:
^ no problem! Worst case scenario is that B and I are cleaning up at the last second the night before the GTG. That hasn't happened before...

I knew this year would be no different....

Batman said:

This time you'll have a helper and a half, too!! (I'm looking at you Tee and Lunden.)

John

Yeah no shit, I recall two years ago you had poor yromj calibrating that remote for like two days straight. With about 15 guys there, I still say we could build that back deck in two days like your wife wanted last year. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Seats back into place with the help of a neighbor...Now the lip is flush with the front of the recliners.

caedf764.jpg

947038b4.jpg

Attention to details like that can make a huge difference.

Great work.

^ Thanks! It was really becoming an annoyance, even I tripped from time to time and I knew it was there. In the dark especially it was perfect for twisting ankles, etc...It was the last remaining flaw in the entire room in my mind (from a construction standpoint).

Batman said:
Now that things are to my liking, I'll be arranging a professional to come out and shoot some photos...
DONE! :happy-smileygiantred:

Batcave.jpg

I wasnt sure my theater could be made to appear better. That's awesome...otherworldly almost. Thanks!

Back