• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Batcave Walkthru

Batman

Staff member
Famous
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTM-L8PmMjY[/youtube]

Short of constructing an IB in a few months and maybe some more acoustical treatments, this is the room in it's completed state. Enjoy... :handgestures-thumbup:

Suh-WEET!! Dang you did a nice job on all that! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

I hate to ask, but my coworkers want to know. From start to finish what was the cash outlay. I understand if you do respond.

^ after all discounts on the electronics and speakers I have about 45-50k tied up in the theater...probably another 10k in the other side of the basement. Tee and I have tried to value the theater with list prices and tried to estimate all the labor that my friends and I accomplished and figured the theater value around 105-110k...

Rope said:
Bats -

Your theater ROCKS!

Rope
Thanks! Now that things are to my liking, I'll be arranging a professional to come out and shoot some photos. Hopefully good news will follow...

Bats, that is truly one of the most amazing HT's I have ever seen. You are the man. I know they specialize in doing rennovation projects, but a show like Man Caves should do a segment on your setup.

Batman said:
Rope said:
Bats -

Your theater ROCKS!

Rope
Thanks! Now that things are to my liking, I'll be arranging a professional to come out and shoot some photos. Hopefully good news will follow...

If you don't mind my asking....what do you hope to achieve with the photos?

jamhead said:
Batman said:
Rope said:
Bats -

Your theater ROCKS!

Rope

If you don't mind my asking....what do you hope to achieve with the photos?
Hopefully get it featured in one or more of the trades...

Hopefully get it featured in one or more of the trades...[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.

Looks good.....Has Mick seen it?

jamhead said:
Hopefully get it featured in one or more of the trades...

That's what I was thinking.

Looks good.....Has Mick seen it?[/quote]
Yes he has. He was out at last years gtg right as I got all the equip up and running. While he didn't attend this years gtg, he saw it pretty much like this in late August.

GreatDane said:
Very cool HT. I wish I had the time to visit. I just realized this is your basement.
Well IMHO, you're too close not to make it to the next GTG... :eusa-whistle:

Batman said:
GreatDane said:
Very cool HT. I wish I had the time to visit. I just realized this is your basement.
Well IMHO, you're too close not to make it to the next GTG... :eusa-whistle:

:text-+1:

Batman said:
Rope said:
Bats -

Your theater ROCKS!

Rope

Home Theater Magazine is continually asking people to send pictures of the DIY theaters. I would proceed with some good shots taken leasurely. If they're interested, I'm certain the ask for more shots taken professionally.

Rope

Rope said:
Batman said:
Rope said:
Bats -

Your theater ROCKS!

Rope

Home Theater Magazine is continually asking people to send pictures of the DIY theaters. I would proceed with some good shots taken leasurely. If they're interested, I'm certain the ask for more shots taken professionally.

Rope
Well the "professional" is one of my wife's best friends. She'll most likely do it for next to nothing if not free. I'd like to have a bunch of great shots with different lenses and angles/lighting that I simply can't do myself whether or not they make the trades...

That is one sweet looking theater. I have to admit, the part that really stands out for me is the entrance. No one knows what's behind that bookshelf, until you tilt back that bust and hit the button. I think you really pulled out the stops on that.

Excellent, excellent job. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back