• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bazinga!

Congrats Jeff! When's the GTG?

And, yes, you suck! :happy-smileygiantred:

Good news MZ. If I weren't saving up for a PJ, Oppo, screen, sub for my Bonus room, I'd buy those for the family room in a minute (to replace my Klipsch Reference in there). You got a SMOKING deal....enjoy.

If those speakers sound as good as you say, I see you re-ripping to lossless in order to have longer listening sessions. It's hard to sit on the couch and vegetate to music with a 5 disc changer....this coming from a guy who used to have a 400 disc changer. ;)

Creating playlists on the fly rocks (no pun intended).

Oh and congrats on the purchase :handgestures-thumbup:

EDIT: Oh yeah.....you suck.

Note to self: next time Jeff states a budget he'd like to stay under, he really means he's willing to exceed it by 30%.

Congrats on the new goodies! Your sucketh cup runneth over.

Very cool indeed! I cant recall ever hearing anything from Focal but I have only heard GREAT things about them.

awesome, I hope you feel you made the right decision.....those are fantastic speakers and what you paid is one of the best deals I've ever seen. I'll even venture a guess they may best your SVS's....which is no small feat.

So Mz, you know what to do next. Go ahead and order the center channel now before they sell out. $399

Should've bought Bose. :happy-smileygiantred:

Enjoy the new speaks.....oh and YOU SUCK!!!!!

Very nice. Good to see you spent the money on good speakers and not on a good camera!! :teasing-tease:

mcad64 said:
Very nice. Good to see you spent the money on good speakers and not on a good camera!! :teasing-tease:
:laughing-rolling:

Christmas is coming. I think I'm going to send him one. :shhh:

Zing said:
mcad64 said:
:laughing-rolling:

Christmas is coming. I think I'm going to send him one. :shhh:

I keep trying to tell you guys it is not the camera - it is the photographer.

Simple, probably meaningless question - covers on or off? Any sonic difference?

I really like the look of the Focals with the covers off so have been running them that way.

Just thinking out loud.

Speakers are usually tested with the grills off. I'm sure that dog-eared audiophiles would assure you that there is an audible difference but unless your listening space is very close to optimal I doubt that the average human would hear a difference.

Towen7 said:
Speakers are usually tested with the grills off. I'm sure that dog-eared audiophiles would assure you that there is an audible difference but unless your listening space is very close to optimal I doubt that the average human would hear a difference.

Each speaker is going to be different, but with my SVS speakers, I can tell the difference between grills on and off, but probably only on the high end of things. Most of the time I leave them on, though.

Grilles are for protection, often designed by the marketing department to compliment the look of the speaker with little regard as to their impact on the sound of the speaker (which is almost always a detriment).

Back