• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best Movie Trilogy Ever?

Kazaam said:
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

FWIW... my only exposure had been those Hobbit and LOTR animated movies from the late 1970s. My brother liked them, but I absolutely hated them (and subsequently forgot the storyline after all those years). .

As did anyone that read the books :happy-smileygiantred:

Huey said:
How has there been no mention of Austin Powers? :teasing-tease: :laughing-rolling:

I second this!!! IMO this trilogy is the only one listed where each one got better!!
Yeah, Baby, yeah!!!

No-L said:
Huey said:
How has there been no mention of Austin Powers? :teasing-tease: :laughing-rolling:

I second this!!! IMO this trilogy is the only one listed where each one got better!!
Yeah, Baby, yeah!!!

Not a difficult task. :teasing-neener:

John Ford's Cavalry Trilogy: Fort Apache (1948); She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949); and Rio Grande (1950). One of the greatest directors ever at the top of his game.

Bob Hope's My Favorite Blonde (1942); My Favorite Brunette (1947); and My Favorite Spy (1951). A "trilogy" only because of nomenclature - and Bob.

No votes for the Back to the Future trilogy!? For shame!

And if I pretend I'm numerically challenged like srvy (It's "trilogy" "Tri-lo-gy") I'd throw in ...

The Thin Man series. No better chemistry (and comedy) than Powell and Loy.

The Road movies. Hope again - with Bing by his side.

All fourteen Sherlock Holmes movies with Rathbone and Bruce.

A ton of others.

JeffMackwood said:
John Ford's Cavalry Trilogy: Fort Apache (1948); She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949); and Rio Grande (1950). One of the greatest directors ever at the top of his game.

Bob Hope's My Favorite Blonde (1942); My Favorite Brunette (1947); and My Favorite Spy (1951). A "trilogy" only because of nomenclature - and Bob.

And if I pretend I'm numerically challenged like srvy (It's "trilogy" "Tri-lo-gy") I'd throw in ...

A ton of others.
I would wave a tiny penalty flag on the Ford cavalry films in that they are not a "true trilogy" in the sense the other trilogies discussed here. Though all three were cavalry/westerns directed by Ford they do not have any common charectors and do not tell a "linear" story. That being said they are very good films with a common setting and I recommend them.

And of course leave it to a Canadian to bring up "Back to the Future" featuring favorite son Michael J Fox. :teasing-neener: :happy-smileygiantred:

JeffMackwood said:

A ton of others.

:laughing: And Land Surveyors are supposed to be good with numbers. Damn you Hewlett and Packard your HP 33 and 41 ruined me.

Id say There is no Bond but Sean but he stared in 7 I believe.

I confess im just a button puncher now.

Trinity Trilogy:
Boot Hill
They Call Me Trinity
Trinity is Still My Name.

Rope

Batman said:
I'm afraid to say I've only seen GF1 and not 2, but have always heard that 3 SUCKED.

Chris GF 2 is considered the best of the three movies. I loved GF2 way more than GF 1 and part one is an awesome friggin movie. Due yourself a favor a buy 1 & 2 you can buy them on blu for about 7.00/each. A must watch.

190px-Trilogy_of_Terror_Poster.jpg

Awesome read so far!! Just what I wanted: debate on everything from what is a good trilogy to whether or not it's complete.

One that I told Snowman I left out (but didn't feel too worried about) and nobody else has mentioned either is the last Spiderman trilogy. Btw, what about American Pie, American Pie 2, and American Wedding? I'm choosing to ignore the ones after that except possibly American Reunion (I haven't seen it yet).

The most interesting thing I find is that, w/ very few exceptions, it's hard to get 3 movies right in a row.

John

PS- Jeff thanks for bringing up the older movies. I want to check some of them out, especially the Sherlock Holmes ones.

Seriously... The last Spiderman franchise shouldn't be anywhere close to a list of "best" anything.

Towen7 said:
Seriously... The last Spiderman franchise shouldn't be anywhere close to a list of "best" anything.
:text-+1: even if SM3 was just okay, and not a steaming pile of horseshit, it wouldn't be in the conversation...

I can't believe none of you bastards mentioned the Transformers :eusa-whistle:

I actually enjoy the Transformers movies. They aren't great by any stretch but they're fun popcorn flicks.

Just think how we'll have to change this discussion when the 3rd Tron comes out.

John

Back