• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best Movie Trilogy Ever?

yromj said:
I actually enjoy the Transformers movies. They aren't great by any stretch but they're fun popcorn flicks.

Just think how we'll have to change this discussion when the 3rd Tron comes out.

John
I'm not sure Tron 3 will ever see the light of day, I really hope I'm wrong but I don't have a very good feeling...

As for Transformers, although I grow tired of a lot of the Michael Bay "antics" in them, I enjoy them for what they are....Still not deserving of being anywhere near a "best trilogies" list though.

Same for Die Hard, Srvy, in a "trilogies you enjoyed" thread yeah. "best of all time" not so much IMO...

Batman said:
Same for Die Hard, Srvy, in a "trilogies you enjoyed" thread yeah. "best of all time" not so much IMO...

It would make my top ten but not to worry in a little while it will become a quintology.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZlGkBJj4Ms[/youtube]

Batman said:
I'm not sure Tron 3 will ever see the light of day, I really hope I'm wrong but I don't have a very good feeling...

I've read interviews lately that indicate Tron 3 is very close to getting the proverbial green light. Time will tell.

mzpro5 said:
Batman said:

It would make my top ten but not to worry in a little while it will become a quintology.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZlGkBJj4Ms[/youtube]

How many ways is there to die?

Die Easy?
Die Hard?
Die with a Hard-On?
Die with a Poop Stain?
Die with a Harder Hard-On?
Die with a Fork in Your Eye?

Rope

^ Say it ain't so!!! :eek: :(

At least by shaving his head, Bruce won't show his grey hair (and we won't know).

Yay. I love Bruce. He can wear his hair any way he wants.
I saw him in concert about ten years ago in Philly. He was strung out on something and sounded awful. I still loved it! LOL

No-L said:
I saw him in concert about ten years ago in Philly.
I'll bet he had more hair and less wrinkles back then. :laughing:

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his and liked D.H. 1 and 2. But after that the series has gone south. It's the result of so called "milking". :(

JeffMackwood said:
The Thin Man series. No better chemistry (and comedy) than Powell and Loy.

Thanks for jogging my memory, ordered The Thin Man DVD box set from Amazon, only $18, a bargain.

DIYer said:
No-L said:

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his and liked D.H. 1 and 2. But after that the series has gone south. It's the result of so called "milking". :(
Sorry but i respectfully disagree - 4, Live Free or Die Hard ws the best and is a great reference disc.

mzpro5 said:
DIYer said:
No-L said:

Sorry but i respectfully disagree - 4, Live Free or Die Hard ws the best and is a great reference disc.

Plus it had Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

My Trilogy of favorite VN War Movies.
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket

But were lots good one here
The Deer Hunter
We Were Soldiers
Forrest Gump

Or these

Green Berets
Hamburger Hill
The Boys in Company C

Srvy said:
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket

The Deer Hunter
We Were Soldiers
Forrest Gump

Or these

Green Berets
Hamburger Hill
The Boys in Company C

Though good movies none of those fit what is usually thought of as a trilogy. Aside from the subject matter of the Vietnam Nam war they have no relation to each other regarding characters or storyline.

mzpro5 said:
Srvy said:
Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket

The Deer Hunter
We Were Soldiers
Forrest Gump

Or these

Green Berets
Hamburger Hill
The Boys in Company C

Though good movies none of those fit what is usually thought of as a trilogy. Aside from the subject matter of the Vietnam Nam war they have no relation to each other regarding characters or storyline.

But I would argue that some of the true trilogies mentioned didnt either :)
I know Ive not really mentioned a true Trilogy just throwing those in there probably should butt out this thread as most the comic book and rings trilogies I can take of leave.

I agree about not caring for any of the LotR films. I honestly found them WWWWAAAAYYYYY TTTTOOOOOOO LLLOOOONNNNGGGGG. To the point of being ridiculous.

Evil Dead is my fave TRILOGY as Star Wars, Alien, Bourne and Indy are more then three films.

How about Indiana Jones?

And no, I don't consider the Crystal Skull as part of the pantheon is sucked so hard.

Rope said:
Trinity Trilogy:
Boot Hill
They Call Me Trinity
Trinity is Still My Name.

Rope
That brings back some memories. I saw two of three by just showing up at a movie theater on a Saturday afternoon.

In the spirit of the thread, this is the story of Lisbeth Salander:
51xS1ob7eLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The first movie is great all by itself.

Any fans of John Carpenter here? How about his Apocalypse Trilogy:
The Thing
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

DIY, "Prince of Darkness" is one of my all time favorite horror movies. Saw that one late one night in college and it scared the Hell out of me. I was on the edge of my seat about halfway through and all of sudden at 2am there is this loud pounding at my door. GF at the time came over for a booty call and thought I'd be sleeping so she pounded hard on the door. Nearly pissed myself from screaming cause her timing was perfect with a scary scene from the movie.

Just recently showed this one to my current GF and halfway through the movie she was like, "Fuck this, don't ever wanna watch this one again it's too scary". :happy-smileygiantred:

Love Carpenter movies but can't call it a Trilogy because he has far too many movies and none of them are related to one another. The Thing has nothing to do with Halloween for example.

^ Well, those three I listed are called apocalypse trilogy for JC's movies. Who came up with it? I don't know. John himself maybe?

Back