• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best place to buy a TV?

Randy

Superstar
So, I am helping a friend who is recently separated setup in a new home and they don't have a lot of cash to spend. I checked all the local pawn shops for TV's those MF'ers are on some serious dope with the prices they are charging.

Checked Amazon, but who has really good deals? I haven't been in the market for any of this stuff for so long that I haven't really kept up.

Thank you in advance,
randy

got a 60 incher, samsung UN60EH6050 from costco for around 1600 i think...

base model, no smart tv mumbo jumbo...

model can also be found at sears and best buy, under UN60EH6000 series.

anywhere local is better, just in case something happens its easier to return.

Rope said:
LCD, plasma, 42", 50"? $100.00-$1,000.00?

Rope

Yes. All of the above. It doesn't matter. Something decent as chaep as possible. Absolutely no requirements as far as technology, inputs, resolution, blah, blah, blah...

Just something they can watch.

Joms,
thanks, but $1600 is way too much.

I am talking like $500 max.

Walmart my friend. warranty...don't like it, no problem. Name brands....you can check their online (cheaper than in the store) & have it shipped to a store for free....when its there...go pick it up.

Barney said:
Walmart my friend. warranty...don't like it, no problem. Name brands....you can check their online (cheaper than in the store) & have it shipped to a store for free....when its there...go pick it up.

Yep

Ok thanx guys.

I didnt know if anyone had any exerience with tigerdirect.com or any of the online places.

Randy said:
Ok thanx guys.

I didnt know if anyone had any exerience with tigerdirect.com or any of the online places.

sorry about that, didnt see a price range in the first post.

anyways, i guess im weary of purchasing tvs online, just because of how fragile they are, despite a number of positive experiences everyone has with them. a bump, a misstep, a simple plop, might be enough of a reason for me to be paranoid as i already am.

with purchasing it from a store, youd have an easier way of returning it as well.

best luck bud...

Randy said:
Ok thanx guys.

I've purchased lots of puter sheet from Tiger. Very timely, never had to return items, so I can,t comment on CS. I had issues with Newegg on a MB. If Tiger has the right price, I wouldn't hesitate.

Rope

*EDIT*
Videogon is another option.

Consider ABT ( www.abt.com ) for internet searches. This place is a couple miles away from where I used to live in Illinois. I've bought tons of stuff from them over the last 25 years, including some Krell.

Randy said:
Ok thanx guys.

I've been a Tiger Direct customer for years. Excellent service & prices. Highly recommended!

For "just something to watch" I have to agree with those choosing Walmart. Matter of fact, I would stay with the local stores (Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc), that way if you get a dud you won't have to worry about shipping it back and waiting on a new one.

Back