• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BLUES Music

nats said:
zing, are these your 1st 2 lang cds?
No. Lie To Me and Wander This World were. And you're right, those are excellent.

Long Time Coming is less Blues and more (I hate to say it) Pop/Rock. Which isn't to say it bad, because it's not, but it's just vastly different from the other two.

I haven't listened to Turn Around yet but I'm about to spin it right now.

Re: BLUES Music just 3 blues fans?

i think you both would like "Joanne shaw taylor" "White sugar" cd she is the lead singer and lead guitar,very good

So Zing, did you ever get those Bonamassa albums? Any thoughts, or were they just too terrible to mention? :( :( :(

Any thoughts you would actually like to share? :eek:bscene-buttred:

PaulyT said:
Any thoughts you would actually like to share?
No.

I'm already on your shit list concerning this guy so I'd rather not escalate it to the point where you're contemplating attacking me while I sleep.

When I was very young I was told "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". So I'm going to invoke that adage here and now. But if something nice comes to mind, I'll be sure and share it with you.

That's too bad, I was really hoping you'd at least like Blues Deluxe a little bit... oh well.

Could be. Or he just doesn't have the simultaneously broad and yet refined tastes that others of us were naturally gifted with.

51%2B9ROyJf9L._SS500_.jpg

This one's actually pretty good. I was skeptical about Lauper doing blues, and her voice in this context takes a little getting used to (esp. if you're old enough to remember her 80's pop days), but she pulls it off pretty well. Her musicians are top notch, with a long list of guest artists to lend "cred."

PaulyT said:
I was skeptical about Lauper doing blues, and her voice in this context takes a little getting used to (esp. to remember her 80's pop days), but she pulls it off pretty well. Her musicians are top notch, with a long list of guest artists to lend "cred."

I can't get used to her voice on this one. Players are great and she sure tries hard.

jamhead said:
Maybe Zing's just jealous.

PaulyT said:
Could be. Or he just doesn't have the simultaneously broad and yet refined tastes that others of us were naturally gifted with.
:angry-banghead: :text-nocomment: :angry-banghead: :text-nocomment: :angry-banghead: :text-nocomment: :angry-banghead: :text-nocomment: :angry-banghead: :text-nocomment: :angry-banghead: :text-nocomment:

:teasing-neener:

S'okay, I've accepted the fact that you don't like JB; that's cool. At least you gave it a serious try!

PaulyT said:
Ok, this one really is blues! And yeah, it's good.

51RG1RJGEEL._SS500_.jpg

I just recently discovered Joe's music as well.
Like him a lot.

I have "The Ballad Of John Henry" (released in 2010)
It rocks!

Will probably pick this one up too.

:handgestures-thumbup:

Later on tonight, I'm going to implementing one of Aaron's suggestions, donning some headphones and giving these Bonamassa albums one last go. Trust me when I tell you, if they don't pass the test tonight, they will begin residing right next to Quadrophenia.

Re: BLUES Music===ZING

zing,it seems like you enjoy traditonal blues mo better,kenny wayne shepherd has a cd/dvd combo "10 days out" where on the dvd he tours the south visiting and playing with some of the most influential blues artists that are still alive.some he had to interview and play at there houses since they cant travel(wild child butler-gatemouth brown--jerry boogie mcain-bb king-ect..)it is very interesting,i think you would love it .his duo with blind bryan lee is sensational.

"Tribal" by Dr. John

Thinking of buying this one. If it's even half as good as "Duke Elegant"
it'll be well worth it.

( "Duke Elegant" is excellent )

Back