• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BLUES Music

Ok, this one really is blues! And yeah, it's good.

51RG1RJGEEL._SS500_.jpg

Ok, the song "Burning Hell" from that CD is seriously smokin'!

Play it here... you can listen to the whole song the first time you click this link.

I couldn't find any uncompressed version of it anywhere. It's not like I can't hear the music at all, it's definitely not that bad, just a few weird sounds when I listen really closely. I do like the music!

Zing said:
Pauly, did you ever buy that Mighty Sam McCain disc (Blues for the Soul)? I'm about to pick up "Sweet Dreams".

Yup, got it, like it! Let me know how Sweet Dreams compares...

PaulyT said:
Let me know how Sweet Dreams compares...
Oh I will!

And I'll also let you know what I think about Eden Brent. I just ordered "Ain't Got No Troubles". This one's going to be interesting. Listening to the samples, the music sounds like it was recorded in the 20's but the vocals sound like they were recorded last year.

And speaking of vocals - check out the "Blues All Over" clip in the link above. She's like Janis, Sass and Anastacia all rolled into one.

51EyUdjKbNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wow, never heard of her, but sounds cool from those previews! I like Goodnight Moon, too.

PaulyT said:
Let me know how Sweet Dreams compares...
If you genuinely like Sam, then Sweet Dreams is worth owning. That said, Blues for the Soul is the better album.

Eden Brent, sadly, is a bust! The music, as a whole, is good. The recording, not so much. It's a shame too because she's got a great, sultry, gravel-filled voice. I'm going to be more than a little hesitant to buy any more of her CDs.

On another matter, you and nats will be glad to know I bought (against my better judgement I might add) a couple of those Joe Bossonova discs. You f***ers better be right! :snooty:

Which one(s)?

Bonamassa, silly boy. Or is that your subtle wit? :think:

then i want you guys to open up your wallet and get the rocky athas group "miracle" album doesnt blow you away with force like bannamassa,but its just good solid with what i call a sweet style blues

Ok nats, so far you haven't steered me wrong... ordered!

Cool. Based on what I can guess of your tastes, I'm pretty sure you'll like Blues Deluxe. I'll be interested to hear what you think of John Henry, that's a more intense album, and not quite as directly bluesy. Good stuff though, definitely one of those "have a beer and turn it up loud" sort of albums.

And FYI, I'm *still* waiting for that Cleary/Alligator cd, sigh. I think amazon ships it from the UK or something; supposedly it has shipped, but who knows how long it'll take to make its way through...

Nats, I've had that Popa Chubby's Big Man Big Guitar live album for a while now. Pretty good, I like his sound, he's a great guitarist. But frankly, the music that he plays (on that album anyway) is, well, not all that interesting, at least on the first couple hearings. I'll listen to it again though.

PaulyT said:
Cool. Based on what I can guess of your tastes, I'm pretty sure you'll like Blues Deluxe. I'll be interested to hear what you think of John Henry, that's a more intense album, and not quite as directly bluesy. Good stuff though, definitely one of those "have a beer and turn it up loud" sort of albums.

And FYI, I'm *still* waiting for that Cleary/Alligator cd, sigh. I think amazon ships it from the UK or something; supposedly it has shipped, but who knows how long it'll take to make its way through...

Nats, I've had that Popa Chubby's Big Man Big Guitar live album for a while now. Pretty good, I like his sound, he's a great guitarist. But frankly, the music that he plays (on that album anyway) is, well, not all that interesting, at least on the first couple hearings. I'll listen to it again though.
its definitly not intense listening,i think its outside bbq style music and the more you hear it in a casual but fun(drinking?)atmosphere the more it grows on you.

And while I was at it, I picked up a few others.

5120rNKPZsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51-PEi-TT3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rhythm & Blues counts, right?

51b5FLFGJDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51EDKDT2C3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Got this in the mail today, from nats' rec in the "listening" thread. I'd call it "upbeat blues" - good stuff. Zing, you might like this one, sorta reminds me a little of Mighty Sam, especially in the sorta Christian theme of some of the lyrics (but they don't beat you over the head with it). Some good guitar playing in here - "That Magic" in particular.

Back