• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bought a pair of Audioengines...

bump...

Did I miss something, but I haven't seen pictures or what your final verdict has been.
I've been looking to upgrade my speakers at work and have been wondering if these were worth it or not.

Well, I think they are pretty great thus far. Although, I haven't really had time to do any critical listening with them. Hell, I have bareoy listened to them at all since I finished the break in. I have been working like 60 hours a week learning a new job while still doing the old one.

I decided they were too big for desktop speakers at work and everyone who has been in my new office has remarked that the M-Audios are TOO BIG. The Audioengines are about a 1/3 bigger.
but they sound great, good solid bass (and mine are nowhere near setup correctly) mid range seems pretty good, male vocals were better then average, treble is spot on and nowhere near harsh. These have a much better top end than the alpine marine speakers in my boat that I spent all day listening to. LOL, I know apples and porcupines.

Not a great review, but so far I think they do everything pretty well. I am running them through the soundcard in my PC which is nothing special but at least it has stereo outs which is better than the soundcard on my new work PC.

I think they will stay in the basement and they will work phenomenally for practicing my bass along with tunes, if I ever get time to practice again.

Are they worth the $500, I don't know. The finish is beautiful, but are they 3 times better than the $149 M-Audios? I really have no idea and at this point I definitely could not answer that in the affirmative. Are they really good, yes.

I've done a little listening today as I have been preparing more boat music. That being said, these things sound really good.

A few things that stuck out were The Best of Shooting Star (one of my all time faves). This album has tons of drum fills that all sound phenomenal. You can really tell when he goes from one drum and cymbal to another. Lots of rolls across the toms to the floor tom that sound very articulate.

Dire Straights- Sultans of Swing. I have never heard the bassline sound this good. Now I am going to have to put this one on in my basement system so I can get a gauge on how good the Audioengines are on this.

I know, I have been slammed. I have a couple of pics on my phone, but I have everything strung out between two offices right now. My phone is here but the cable is over there.

I need to get some pics up.

I, too, just purchased a pair of Audioengine speakers for my Office in Virginia. I had them shipped directly to my office along with a Bluetooth receiver and the rubber desk stands.

In my case, I got the A5+ (white) for the office. They should arrive on Monday or Tuesday, and I get their on Wednesday to set them up.

Bluetooth? Really? I would've expected you of all people to use cables and an audio interface.

I still haven't gotten to spend as much time with them as I would like, but I really like them.

The A5's are pretty big for desk duty, hell everybody gives me crap about the size of my M-Audios, I cant imagine what they would say about the A5s.

I am gonna try to get a couple of pics up but photobucket gave me trouble last time.

Flint said:
I don't choose my speakers based on what my Coworkers might think of them.

Well, that was the only criteria I used. You see, I have severe acceptance anxiety and I merely wanted everyone in the new office to accept me.

HAHAHA!!!

Thanks... that was the most perfect response for my snarky comment.

I thought you would like that. You aren't the only snark around here!!!

Well, I have learned one thing, since I moved the M Audio's to my office. The AC plug sucks. It comes unplugged all the time. Apparently when the cleaning gnomes (I am assuming they are cleaning gnomes because every morning my office is cleaned as if by magic) bump the cord and it comes unplugged.

I know that was not an Audioengine post. I still haven't had time to upload photos to photobucket.

I'm starting to think you don't really own a pair of Audioengines. I think your acceptance anxiety caused you to lie and tell us you bought a pair just so we'd like you and think you're cool.

Zing said:
I'm starting to think you don't really own a pair of Audioengines. I think your acceptance anxiety caused you to lie and tell us you bought a pair just so we'd like you and think you're cool.

No, that's not it. He's just embarrassed that he has them sitting on his fireplace rather than his desk.

Huey said:
Zing said:

No, that's not it. He's just embarrassed that he has them sitting on his fireplace rather than his desk.

Nope, Zing nailed it. You are right, I am so sorry I lied. I am useless, unworthy and hideous. I feel so ashamed.

I really do have pictures on my phone. I promise.

Randy said:
Well, I have learned one thing, since I moved the M Audio's to my office. The AC plug sucks. It comes unplugged all the time. Apparently when the cleaning gnomes (I am assuming they are cleaning gnomes because every morning my office is cleaned as if by magic) bump the cord and it comes unplugged.

I know that was not an Audioengine post. I still haven't had time to upload photos to photobucket.

Does the plug fall out on just the office outlet or on more outlets? I have replaced several outlets at work because nothing would stay plugged into them. A new outlet made a big difference.

Lone Stranger said:
Does the plug fall out on just the office outlet or on more outlets? I have replaced several outlets at work because nothing would stay plugged into them. A new outlet made a big difference.
I replaced most of the outlets in my house for this reason, don't know if they were poorly designed to begin with but I suspect as much.

Back