• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

C1 Platinum

Flint...
Do you have any of that material you just posted about the Confidence line available in the Contour line??? ... and more specifically, the Contour S5.4s?

and maybe even Contour 3.4 as well?

Heeman, you're a dick, I don't like you, and uh...well...

YOU SUCK!!!

You know I love you man!!

John- Who's just too jealous to be nice right now.

Razz said:
Flint...
Do you have any of that material you just posted about the Confidence line available in the Contour line??? ... and more specifically, the Contour S5.4s?

and maybe even Contour 3.4 as well?

Towen7 said:
I may be wrong but those looked like the charts posted with reviews by Stereophile. I couldn't find reviews of the Contour 5.4 or Contour 3.4. The closest they had was the Contour 3.3.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/dyna ... Y1XgLC5.97

Right... I should have provided a reference for those charts. They are from Stereophile. I like Stereophile as they generally rely on the same measurements for their speaker tests which allows side by side comparison of speakers for a given measurement.

Stereo Review and Audio also used to offer that.

Batman said:
^ Mick Tillman is still my go to guy there. I've never had a hint of a bad experience dealing with him. I consider him more of a friend than a business colleague. He goes out of his way for me every time.

Not to mention that Mick bought our dinner at a GTG!! He hung out with us all that day and really is a good guy.

John

After being away for just over 1 week, I fired up the system tonight and instead of going to my Demo Playlist I decided to put in................

Well..............AEROSMITH; Get Your Wings, Okay, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, and I expected that I would skip to something else after a few songs. Holy Crap the engineering on this album is fantastic!!!!!! Listened to the complete album and was just floored on how it sounded, the sound stage...........WOW.

After that I played 2 of my favorite Pete Townshend albums.............The Iron Man and White City, both way over the top.

I understand why the C1's get the reviews that they do, and now with the Halo A21 Amp. :banana-dance: :banana-rock: :music-rockout: :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

:text-imsorry: The system sound great! and the 3rd C1 was scheduled to ship from Chicago today!

That's fantastic!

I have had long arguments with members of this forum that a VERY large portion of the music made in the 1960s and 1970s sound simply amazing with incredible production and engineering. In fact, many of my absolute highest quality reference recordings were produced prior to 1976.

Just a little update.................

The 3rd C1 was delivered a couple weeks back.......

I am still in the process of designing a custom stand for it. However I was able to get an adapter plate from Dynaudio (Thanks Chris and Mick) and I will copy the bottom plates of the Stand 6. I will post pic's once it is in process.

Last weekend Barb and I watched Prometheus again, it has been quite a while. The audio was just fantastic!! We have watched quite a few movies with the front 3 C1's however this has been the best so far.................many to re-watch.

Tonight I was actually music listening and put in one of my all time favorite CD's.................Bonnie Raitt - Luck of the Draw. I always liked this one due to the dynamics and musicality. It had always sound great on my Studio 60's. Tonight I had heard it like never, ever before. So much different and better than I could have ever imagined. Of course I had it LOUD, but the clarity and separation........breathtaking along with the punch of the dual PSA XS-30'S..............

WOW..............I am just beside myself.

Thanks again for everyone's support on this site helping me realize what some great equipment and room treatments can accomplish.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Back