• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

C1 Platinum

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
For those that did not see my Confidence comments in the Random Thoughts Thread..............

I decided to upgrade speakers again this time to the Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinum's, 3 of them, 2 were delivered today with stands and the 3rd is on it's way.

I am not going to comment to much tonight, because as you can imagine this was a huge step and a lot of time spent with the stands and preliminary set-up, please respect that.

Once again, I am reminded that this hobby is full of variation and subjectivity.

Most of you that have followed my disease knows that I have changed speakers a few time in the past couple of years for various reasons. I at one time swore that my Paradigm Studio 60's would never leave. They did leave the HT, BUT not our residence.

Making this huge investment I wanted to accomplish big advancements in Music listening, NOT home theater Movies and/or Concerts, the PSA MTM-210's were more than Rock Solid in that department.

I was hoping to do an initial setup of the C1's and be blown away..................this was NOT the case however the more time I spent with them, the more they have grown on me. I will take a half day from work tomorrow to start an early weekend and focus more on set-up and critical music listening.

My experience so far with Chris and the Dynaudio Team in Chicago has been stellar...............

More to report in the next few days.............

Before my post above, I left Barb in the HT...............Holy Crap..............I returned to....Glen Miller, some 50's Shit and then Prince, Peter Paul and Mary...............She said WOW I am hearing things like never before................

Just a side note, we have been married 25 Years and I have never, ever wanted anything for my Birthday. This upgrade in Speakers is 25 years worth of Birthday gifts.

Thank You Barbara! You Rock!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

1063153.gif

Okay, so yes, there is Bourbon involved, what's new........................

New Speakers......................

I just had a Grand Slam Moment with the C1's....................

Barb will not get out of the MLP, however, we just played a song that we are all familiar with and it never, ever, EVER sounded that good............

WTF, I need to go to work tomorrow.....................

WOW!
Those are some stellar speakers!!!!!

I'm a big time Dynaudio fan and I'm stoked for you!!!!!

:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Awesome Heeman. Yes, give them a little time. Excitement is not the first word I would use to describe Dyn's sound. The initial "holy crap" moment doesn't happen. Give your ears time to adjust, then, you will hear awesome tonal balance while maintaining the true detail in each recording.

Congrats! Enjoy them.

I'd love to see those beauts on their stands in the Heeman HT!!!

Batman said:
I'd love to see those beauts on their stands in the Heeman HT!!!
Apparently Keith and Barb are too busy drooling to post pics!

jamhead said:
Awesome Heeman. Yes, give them a little time. Excitement is not the first word I would use to describe Dyn's sound. The initial "holy crap" moment doesn't happen. Give your ears time to adjust, then, you will hear awesome tonal balance while maintaining the true detail in each recording.

Congrats! Enjoy them.

jamhead - Thanks, I know that I need time with them and proper set-up. There was a lot of mixed emotions last night and your statement above, has taken some of the anxiety away.

Razz said:
WOW!
Those are some stellar speakers!!!!!

I'm a big time Dynaudio fan and I'm stoked for you!!!!!

:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Thanks Russ! I am super glad to see you back around here!

Thanks for all the congrats............

It was a late night last night for us.

I will leave work at noon today to work on set-up and hopefully some photos.

Everyone have an AWESOME weekend!

Spectacular, spectacular!
No words of the vernacular
Can describe this great event
You'll be dumb with wonderment

heeman said:
jamhead said:

Congrats! Enjoy them.

jamhead - Thanks, I know that I need time with them and proper set-up. There was a lot of mixed emotions last night and your statement above, has taken some of the anxiety away.

I would totally expect that to be true. You have been well past the point of diminishing returns for some time now. Your setup was already pretty amazing and I cant imagine anything resulting in a night/day improvement. If there was an immediate and obvious improvement I'd consider it an indication that something was broken in your previous setup.

jamhead said:
...The initial "holy crap" moment doesn't happen....
It did for me. Within seconds of playing the very first song through them, I could hear their difference and knew they were something special.

Zing said:
jamhead said:
...The initial "holy crap" moment doesn't happen....
It did for me. Within seconds of playing the very first song through them, I could hear their difference and knew they were something special.

True. But remember, he is going from MB Quartz (could be described as bright) to PSA (titanium compression horn) to the Dynaudio tweeter. Dynamics will be less than he's used to due to lower sensitivity (I don't recall his amp, but wonder if it's stable/solid at 4ohms ~85db/watt.

I went from Klipsch Reference to Dyns and my first thought was: not as loud, not as impactful; not as detailed. However, after a couple hours of listening, I realized I was used to false detail. After I got used to the frequency response difference, I then could hear the benefits. Shock to my system.

To be honest.....these speakers will be my last for my audio/video room until they give up on me. I have lost all desire to upgrade (well, except the Sub) :angelic-green:

Back