• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

C1 Platinum

jamhead said:
To be honest.....these speakers will be my last for my audio/video room until they give up on me. I have lost all desire to upgrade...

This is the most powerful statement I've ever read about a speaker system.

NO doubt about it...

you_suck1.jpg

I think I said a "dirty word" when we were listening to some dyno's at Deacon's a long time ago. Amazing speakers.
You SUCK big time my friend.

A few pic's...............BTW, I worked on set up and I am really beginning to love these............... :happy-smileygiantred:

I need to check with Chris to see if there is an ETA on #3.

c1%20020_zpsevzj3jkz.jpg

c1%20015_zps7pb3xsqt.jpg

c1%20008_zps8gk2qdmp.jpg

Yada yada yada yada...

What's this horsepoop about never again switching speakers?

It's Heeman we're talking about here fellas.

Prediction: a year from now the C1s will be relegated to the den, to be replaced by... C2s. A year after that the C1s will be moved to the garage, the C2s to the den, and into the HT go the ... C4s!

You see Heeman's a crafty sort. Not satisfied to get a bunch of "you sucks" and then ride off into the sunset, he's got himself into the Triple Crown sweepstakes of speaker acquisition. He's just crossed the line at the Kentucky Derby, he's still got the Preakness and Belmont to go.

So hold off on those "you sucks" for now. Save 'em up. Our boys a thoroughbred, not some lame one trick pony headed to the glue factory.

Shout out instead "C'mon Heeman. You can do it!"

My money's on him.

Jeff

C'mon, Heeman. You can do it! You know you want to. :happy-smileygiantred:
121496.jpg

NOBODY with a Titanic poster in their room can have their HT taken seriously, no matter how much better than mine it is in reality.

heeman said:
A few pic's...............BTW, I worked on set up and I am really beginning to love these............... :happy-smileygiantred:

I to check with Chris to see if there is an ETA on #3.
Sometime soon..... :happy-smileygiantred:

Towen7 said:
NOBODY with a Titanic poster in their room can have their HT taken seriously, no matter how much better than mine it is in reality.
:laughing-rolling:

So what is the finish on these? Gloss black?

Zing said:
Keith. Keith. Keith.

confidence-c2-platinum_7.jpg

I have already asked for a quote........................

Barb said, "Why didn't you get the C2's if those were the ones you really wanted" I said "This all started wanting the Contours" :happy-smileygiantred:

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

CMonster said:
PaulyT said:
So what is the finish on these? Gloss black?

Yes, piano black and he plans to make velour covers for them to block reflections when using the projector

They look really Sharp and because of the front bezel design and they way they are toed, you can not see the reflection on them from the screen, however I know they are reflecting back so black velvet covers will be made.

heeman said:
I have already asked for a quote........................

Barb said, "Why didn't you get the C2's if those were the ones you really wanted" I said "This all started wanting the Contours" :happy-smileygiantred:

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

The C2s don't dig as deep as one might expect so you might want to ask about the C4s as well... :eusa-whistle:

So I spent most of the morning packing up the PSA MTM-210's..........

Dynaudio sent me a loaner Center, a Focus 210C, however I have not hooked that up yet. I set my Pre/Pro for a phantom center and finally watching some songs from my favorite concerts.

Jamhead said that these will seem less dynamic than my other speakers and that is dead on, however, they seem to NEVER get overwhelmed and the accuracy is like I have never heard before.

Billy Joel at Shea and Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts both just above 90dB and the sound stage and imaging is FANTASTIC.............

The little guys fill the room with very little effort.

jamhead said:
Zing said:
jamhead said:
...The initial "holy crap" moment doesn't happen....
It did for me. Within seconds of playing the very first song through them, I could hear their difference and knew they were something special.

True. But remember, he is going from MB Quartz (could be described as bright) to PSA (titanium compression horn) to the Dynaudio tweeter. Dynamics will be less than he's used to due to lower sensitivity (I don't recall his amp, but wonder if it's stable/solid at 4ohms ~85db/watt.

I went from Klipsch Reference to Dyns and my first thought was: not as loud, not as impactful; not as detailed. However, after a couple hours of listening, I realized I was used to false detail. After I got used to the frequency response difference, I then could hear the benefits. Shock to my system.

To be honest.....these speakers will be my last for my audio/video room until they give up on me. I have lost all desire to upgrade (well, except the Sub) :angelic-green:

Parasound HCA-1000A
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuous Power Output - Stereo:
125 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, both channels driven;
200 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, both channels driven
Continuous Power Output - Mono:
400 watts RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω
Current Capacity:
45 amperes peak per channel
Slew Rate:
>130 V/µsecond
Power Bandwith:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03% at full power; < 0.01 % typical levels
IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
TIM:
unmeasurable
Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 60 dB at 20 kHz
Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.1 V for full output
Input Impedance: 33 k Ω
S/N Ratio: > 116 dB, full power; > 96 dB, THX Reference Level
Damping Factor:
> 800 at 20 Hz
Power Consumption:
500 watts
Dimensions:
w 17 1/4" x h 3 1/2" x d 13 1/4", h 4 1/8" with feet
Net Weight:
22 lb

heeman said:
...Dynaudio sent me a loaner Center, a Focus 210C...
That speaker is no slouch and will trounce nearly every other non-floorstanding Dynaudio speaker when used as a center channel. If you don't plan to keep it (and frankly, I think you'd be foolish not to) don't even hook it up. Because whatever speaker you plan to replace it with will very likely pale by comparison.

Back