• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Captain America has pissed me off

You may want to try DVD version of it and see if there's a difference. I remember hearing about Master & Commander having different LEF for DVD vs Blu-ray release.

Yeah M&C did that and now from what I've read on forums, peopl have to pull out the DVD to get the better bass. Sounds stupid to me. I bought the Bluray for the better PQ and AQ, but have to resort to standard DVD for the better bass response. What the hell are these engineers thinking? At least give us an option like Lossy DTS-MA with subsonic on or the option of Lossless DTS-MA subsonic filter off. Crap I can get a "Extra" of useless crap with an audio interview of the Best Boy grips view on the filiming, but can't get the main reason I paid for this Bluray , perfect picture and sound. I'm sure this won't be the last time studios continue to make this stupid mistake.

MatthewB said:
I'm sure this won't be the last time studios continue to make this stupid mistake.

They will if you just stew about it, Matt. Make sure to send the bluray back to the studio, ask for your money back, and tell them why. I'm a big believer in complaining, and voting, and researching, and choosing who I give my money to, and if there were enough of us we could change things. :handgestures-thumbup:

Botch said:
MatthewB said:
I'm sure this won't be the last time studios continue to make this stupid mistake.

They will if you just stew about it, Matt. Make sure to send the blurry back to the studio, ask for your money back, and tell them why. I'm a big believer in complaining, and voting, and researching, and choosing who I give my money to, and if there were enough of us we could change things. :handgestures-thumbup:
Starting tonight I'm camping out in my heighbourhood park to protest, and I'm not leaving until a new release on BD hits the stores! I'm taking back Chaleur Way I tell you!

Jeff

ps. Anyone know how to use a propane heater? Cook weenies over an open flame? Make a cardboard lean-to?

Botch the only problem with that, is that whomever gets my Bluray wouldn't have clue one as to what I was talking about. The right hand never knows what the left is doing and I guarantee the most that would happen is they would just send me out a replacement disc thinking mine was defective and that would be the end of that one. Seriously have you ever talked to these companies, it's like "Let's hire the most brain dead robot sounding nimrod who can at least follow a script" and put them in customer service." Just once I'd like to be transferred to the sound engineer and give him a piece of my mind.

Everytime I hear of some whackjob who goes into a business guns a-blazing, I think to myself, what kind of customer service Hell did this guy go through to cause him to snap, when it turns out it was something so simple and all he wanted was an explanation.

Matt who truly relates to Michael Douglas character in "Falling Down", "Whaddya mean I'm the bad guy?"

MatthewB said:
Botch the only problem with that, is that whomever gets my Bluray wouldn't have clue one as to what I was talking about. The right hand never knows what the left is doing and I guarantee the most that would happen is they would just send me out a replacement disc thinking mine was defective and that would be the end of that one. Seriously have you ever talked to these companies, it's like "Let's hire the most brain dead robot sounding nimrod who can at least follow a script" and put them in customer service."
You're most likely correct... :|

:roll: I dunno Matt, it sounded fine. Just saw it over the weekend and didn't feel that there were any lack of rumbles when the scene calls for it. Some movies have that boosted low rumble such as Cloverfield but this movie has different visual aspects.

Naw the bass still sucks on this one. Saw Fast Five last night and Holy smokes this stupid movie had very intense bass, yet CA which is a superhero action movie still lacks real bass.

Only time ever I double dipped. Master and Commander on DVD, DTS lossy is excellent, the Blu-ray DTS Master Audio, which I thought would be the holy grail, not so much. The Lossy DTS version is superior.

Rope

MatthewB said:
Then after the movie after the credits rolled as with most superhero movies, this one also had a short scene followed by a short preview of "The Avengers" and lo and behold my sub came to life and was filling the room with deep bass.
Matt, I just watched that part and it does have some semi-deep bass but that's mostly from the theme music. You may really want to recalibrate your sound system because I can't see why you felt that this Blu-ray lacks deep bass. Re-watch some action scenes especially 4:00 - 4:20 mark.

Matt -

Some BDs will automatically set the "night audio" flag (such as the first Iron Man). You may check to make certain that's not the case with CA.

Rope

No night mode is off. I tried CA then immediately tried other movies and the others played fine. Only CA lacked bass and from what I read at AVS seems I'm not the only one who agrees with me on the bass issue with CA.

This is exactly why I've got no desire to take part in any formal ear training. Captain America is a great Super Hero movie and the fact that it lacks 10Hz of subsonic bass makes it no less so.

OHHHH T7 that's where you're wrong, I USED to LOVE CA, now it's just a steaming pile of DUNG. It can never be viewed the with the same enjoyment I had in the theater ever again, thanks to Matt I've seen the light :eek:bscene-moneypiss: CAPTAIN AMERICA, today the :character-smurfguy: are released in all their 3D glory!!!!! I hear it has tons of bass too!!!! :violence-torch:

:teasing-tease:
Yes Matt, I'm being sarcastic.
:laughing-rolling:

Batman said:
OHHHH T7 that's where you're wrong, I USED to LOVE CA, now it's just a steaming pile of DUNG. It can never be viewed the with the same enjoyment I had in the theater ever again. :eek:bscene-moneypiss: CAPTAIN AMERICA, today the :character-smurfguy: are released in all their 3D glory!!!!! I hear it has tons of bass too!!!! :violence-torch:

I think you and I are on the same page. But...

MatthewB said:
Naw the bass still sucks on this one. Saw Fast Five last night and Holy smokes this stupid movie had very intense bass, yet CA which is a superhero action movie still lacks real bass.

If good bass makes a shitty movie worth watching, and missing a few Hz just pisses you off... Your priorities may be a little out of whack. It should de more about what something is than what it isn't.

Nobody in their right mind would watch Adele play Set Fire to the Rain live at Royal Albert Hall and focus on that she missed a single piano note while she was singing her face off, or look at the Mona Lisa and talk about that the frame is cracked, or visit the pyramids of Egypt and focus on that they're in the middle of a God forsaken desert, or go to a F1 race and complain that pit row smells like rubber and fuel, or get to see the Space Shuttle launch and not be able to get over that is 110 degrees and 99% humidity in south Florida.

Towen7 said:
Batman said:
OHHHH T7 that's where you're wrong, I USED to LOVE CA, now it's just a steaming pile of DUNG. It can never be viewed the with the same enjoyment I had in the theater ever again. :eek:bscene-moneypiss: CAPTAIN AMERICA, today the :character-smurfguy: are released in all their 3D glory!!!!! I hear it has tons of bass too!!!! :violence-torch:

I think you and I are on the same page. But...

MatthewB said:

If good bass makes a shitty movie worth watching, and missing a few Hz just pisses you off... Your priorities may be a little out of whack. It should de more about what something is than what it isn't.

Nobody in their right mind would watch Adele play Set Fire to the Rain live at Royal Albert Hall and focus on that she missed a single piano note while she was singing her face off, or look at the Mona Lisa and talk about that the frame is cracked, or visit the pyramids of Egypt and focus on that they're in the middle of a God forsaken desert, or go to a F1 race and complain that pit row smells like rubber and fuel, or get to see the Space Shuttle launch and not be able to get over that is 110 degrees and 99% humidity in south Florida.

I would complain about that last one. I hate the heat and I hate heat with humidity even more.

Its not that CA isnt a good movie and I enjoyed watching it. It's just i have gotten used to hearing awesome bass (i.e Ironman, The Hulk, THOR etc) and to have no subsonic bass in CA at all was disappointing.

MatthewB said:
It's just i have gotten used to hearing awesome bass (i.e Ironman, The Hulk, THOR etc) and to have no subsonic bass in CA at all was disappointing.
Matt, compared to those 3, CA is the most realistic comic character. Given that, I don't see anything wrong with not having unrealistic rumble with the movie. BTW, there are some in the part I mentioned (4:00 - 4:20).

Back