• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Captain America has pissed me off

Just watched Super 8 and Holy Jeebus did that movie have AWESOME bass. Everything that CA shouldve had in the deep bass department.

I watched Big Bang Theory last night and didn't notice there being too much or too little bass. I didn't notice if my subs did anthing at all. But, the sound was amazingly realistic - the knocking on the door had just the right amount of impact, the music was clean and clear, and the car noises were as if I was in the car with them.

I don't ever measure any movie by the bass output. If that's what you need to feel good, then get some software which measured that stuff and pre-measure any movie you watch for deep, sub-bass content before you put it into your playback device.

Flint said:
I watched Big Bang Theory last night and didn't notice there being too much or too little bass. I didn't notice if my subs did anthing at all. But, the sound was amazingly realistic - the knocking on the door had just the right amount of impact, the music was clean and clear, and the car noises were as if I was in the car with them.

I don't ever measure any movie by the bass output. If that's what you need to feel good, then get some software which measured that stuff and pre-measure any movie you watch for deep, sub-bass content before you put it into your playback device.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f85ViOmwbI0[/youtube]

THAT was fucking amazing!!!! I want that clip on Blu and I'm gonna watch it over and over 'til the end of time....total audio nirvana!!! :teasing-tease:

Big Bang Theory has pissed me off. I expect that a show about a group of quirky geniuses have more references to the speed of light. I've watched every single episode and they've only mentioned the speed of light 39 times over four seasons. That is complete BS! Even my girlfriend said she expected more references to the speed of light. She's alergic to the speed of light discussions, they make here sneeze and she's hardly sneezed at all over the past four and a half years. Im pretty sure I counted right but to make sure I logged onto the definitive Big Bang Thory fan site. Sure enough, there was a long discussion about a lack of SOL references. So at least I know that I'm not the only one who thinks that Big Bang Theory should have more references to to SOL.

Then, the other day, I watched an episode of Nova on PBS and they mentioned the SOL at least 50 times. Now...THAT'SWHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! I was bored out of my mind because the topic of the Nova episode was about the wave length of colors, but they mentioned the speed of light 50 times... at least 50 times! That's the kind of science I expect from Big Bang Theory.

Towen7 said:
Big Bang Theory has pissed me off. I expect that a show about a group of quirky geniuses have more references to the speed of light. I've watched every single episode and they've only mentioned the speed of light 39 times over four seasons. That is complete BS! Even my girlfriend said she expected more references to the speed of light. She's alergic to the speed of light discussions, they make here sneeze and she's hardly sneezed at all over the past four and a half years. Im pretty sure I counted right but to make sure I logged onto the definitive Big Bang Thory fan site. Sure enough, there was a long discussion about a lack of SOL references. So at least I know that I'm not the only one who thinks that Big Bang Theory should have more references to to SOL.

Then, the other day, I watched an episode of Nova on PBS and they mentioned the SOL at least 50 times. Now...THAT'SWHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! I was bored out of my mind because the topic of the Nova episode was about the wave length of colors, but they mentioned the speed of light 50 times... at least 50 times! That's the kind of science I expect from Big Bang Theory.
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing-lettersrofl:

Flint said:

Best Show on TV right now.

I have all seasons on DVD and still will watch the syndicated showings whenever I come across them while surfing channels.

You are all aware that your asses right. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Flint I don't judge a movie on bass it's just when an explosion happens I want to feel it. Take Super8 last night when the train crash happens it felt like the train was detailing right in my room and it's that realism I want. When the Hulk picks up a tank and smashes it to the ground I wanna feel that WHOOMP now when CA explosion came on it felt like a petite girl doing a silent fart hardly nothing there. That is my whole point.

Btw your all still asses. :teasing-neener:

MatthewB said:
You are all aware that your asses right. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Flint I don't judge a movie on bass it's just when an explosion happens I want to feel it. Take Super8 last night when the train crash happens it felt like the train was detailing right in my room and it's that realism I want. When the Hulk picks up a tank and smashes it to the ground I wanna feel that WHOOMP now when CA explosion came on it felt like a petite girl doing a silent fart hardly nothing there. That is my whole point.

Btw your all still asses. :teasing-neener:

Super8 sucked so bad I wasn't paying much attention to the fine production values. Couple of hours I will never get back.

Batman said:
Towen7 said:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing-lettersrofl:

LMAO!!! I agree....post of the year!

You guys are crazy. LOL! :laughing:

I'm just amused that Towen7 admitted to having a girlfriend. :laughing:

Matt, I forgot to mention one thing, CA Bluray is programed about 8 - 10 db soft. Did you turn it up to compensate for this?

No hadn't heard that but that wouldn't account for the lackluster deep bass missing because just turning up the sound to compensate would do nothing for all the bass below 25 Hz being missing.

You may want to try it and see if you get a different overall experience (don't just focus on bass).

I think you need to have all your subwoofers taken away and all the bass below 50Hz EQ'ed out of your system for 90 days. You need to watch hundreds of movies, concerts & shows without sub-bass to reintroduce yourself to story, plot, dialog, and action. You have developed a very unnatural fetish with bowel moving , chest resonating bass which will ruin you forever if you don't do something about it now.

You know how I always say the music is all that matters and that I'd rather hear my favorite albums on a battery powered AM transistor radio than listen to crap music with cool sounds on my ultimate hi-fi rig? You are exactly the opposite. All you care about is the bass, and it is a very pitiful addiction.

Consider this the first warning, Matt. The next time I bring this up it will be after surprising you with a visit in person along with 10 others from here to remove your subs - an intervention.

I have no doubt that the subsonic filter is indeed removing everything below 25Hz. But could it be that you find it so offensive because youre used to having the gain on the bass too high to begin with.

Flint said:
I think you need to have all your subwoofers taken away and all the bass below 50Hz EQ'ed out of your system for 90 days. You need to watch hundreds of movies, concerts & shows without sub-bass to reintroduce yourself to story, plot, dialog, and action. You have developed a very unnatural fetish with bowel moving , chest resonating bass which will ruin you forever if you don't do something about it now.

You know how I always say the music is all that matters and that I'd rather hear my favorite albums on a battery powered AM transistor radio than listen to crap music with cool sounds on my ultimate hi-fi rig? You are exactly the opposite. All you care about is the bass, and it is a very pitiful addiction.

Consider this the first warning, Matt. The next time I bring this up it will be after surprising you with a visit in person along with 10 others from here to remove your subs - an intervention.
+1

Matt, remember, repeated concussion can cause brain damage. Symptoms include headache, nausea, irritability, poor concentration, emotional changes, and ...( http://www.medicinenet.com/brain_concus ... 2.htm#tocd ).

You don't want to end up like this, do you?

Attachments

• Ashley16.JPG
    Ashley16.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 535
Back