• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

"Classic" movies to watch with my kids?

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Rec for movies that every teenager should see? My girls are 14 and almost 17; doesn't have to be "kids" movies or even PG as long as it's not completely raunchy (like, I probably wouldn't watch a Tarantino movie with them).

Discuss.

Something made me think of a movie I saw as a kid and haven't thought of since: One Million Years BC! Don't know if your girls are into dinosaurs or not, but I'd like to see Raquel Welch in a bearskin again.
And the Pink Panther films, of course.

Can you tell I'm not really a movie guy? :mocking:

Okay maybe that was a bit raunchier than I remember :oops:

NwvHEyHpLqJHBNMfeC4Vckzdi7zVsijiNc3Kl-isMdgWZFAch24CAhti1LiP1oF0OoiKFLmBmQSvrQFG8ONEoZzaq7PlMGqS3DCd_Y2-40_Npvfa1ezjrskQjzWduqrKl87i

Citizen Kane
African Queen
Casablanca
Silverado
To Kill a Mockingbird
Cool Hand Luke

In the Heat of the Night
The Graduate
Easy Rider
The Godfather
Uncle Buck
To Have and Have Not
The Maltese Falcon

Thanks! Some good suggestions. I'd forgotten about Silverado, a bunch of that was filmed near where I grew up (Los Alamos, NM).

And just to be clear, by "classic" I don't necessarily mean old movies, just the "everyone should see this" sort of thing from any era.

And just to be clear, by "classic" I don't necessarily mean old movies, just the "everyone should see this" sort of thing from any era.
Even though some of the movies I mentioned might be considered old I do believe anyone that hasn't seen them should There are all films i really enjoy. They were just off the top of my head little thought given to it.

Like good music good film stands the test of time

I suppose I should print this out, Jeff, as I've only seen 3 of the films you've listed. :rolleyes:

Evil Dead ... an old school horror movie with very little gore that’s so bad it’s great.

Army of Darkness ... the sequel to Evil Dead which has almost nothing in common with Evil Dead

Full disclosure: Back in the day I bought an HD-DVD player solely to watch Army of Darkness in high definition.

Jaws
Alien/Aliens
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now
All the President's Men
The Usual Suspects
L.A. Confidential
Tombstone
Wedding Crashers
Sideways
As Good As It Gets

Evil Dead ... an old school horror movie with very little gore that’s so bad it’s great.

Army of Darkness ... the sequel to Evil Dead which has almost nothing in common with Evil Dead

Full disclosure: Back in the day I bought an HD-DVD player solely to watch Army of Darkness in high definition.
This reminded me of... Poltergeist.
Very little gore (just the bathroom sink scene) but frightening as hell.
Your girls weren't around when the first Star Wars trilogy came out, but being you're their Dad I'm assuming they've seen them, right?

And, for everyone with a 4K system, I learned on the news today The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit trilogies are coming out in 4K, which they were originally shot in, for future-proofing. :toast:

Jaws
Alien/Aliens
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now
All the President's Men
The Usual Suspects
L.A. Confidential
Tombstone
Wedding Crashers
Sideways
As Good As It Gets

4 for 11
.364 isn’t a bad batting average

4 for 11
.364 isn’t a bad batting average
5 for 11 here.
Although I don't consider Sideways a classic; I saw it on an airline (sans headphones) and decided to rent it as I drove the exact same Saab, and what's-her-name and I were both really into wine. We watched it, it was okay. She later reenacted the motorcycle helmet scene with me; ouch.

Field of Dreams
Flight of the Navigator
The Truman Show
Cannonball Run
Smokey and the Bandit
WarGames
Airplane
Sabrina (1995, has Harrison Ford)
The Gods Must Be Crazy

Back