• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Classic Tunes, Classic videos

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Often I run across a song/record I haven't heard in a long time which brings back some strong memories; and then I find a video on EweTube that compliments it perfectly that I hadn't seen before. They're not worth an individual thread, but I thought I'd start a collection of them here.

First up: Gordon Lightfoot, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald:

And all that remains, are the Faces, and the Names,
Of the Wives, and the Sons, and the Daughters....

:bow-blue:

Botch said:
Often I run across a song/record I haven't heard in a long time which brings back some strong memories; and then I find a video on EweTube that compliments it perfectly that I hadn't seen before. They're not worth an individual thread, but I thought I'd start a collection of them here.

First up: Gordon Lightfoot, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI8bta-7aw[/youtube]

And all that remains, are the Faces, and the Names,
Of the Wives, and the Sons, and the Daughters....

:bow-blue:

You can't beat good old three chord Gord!!

I'm thinking Botch is trying to make up for his Celine Dion attack by featuring Gord, and Mike, who supported Botch in the attack, is using Terry to earn back some of the Canadian Patriotic Badge merit points that he lost in the process.

It's all too obvious guys!

:)

Jeff
Captain Canada

mcad64 said:
Purely coincidence, another Canadian from around that time.

So in 1974, Seasons in the Sun was the biggest Canadian hit. Rounding out the top 5 were...

Jeff
Captain Canuck

JeffMackwood said:
I'm thinking Botch is trying to make up for his Celine Dion attack...

Jeff
Captain Canada

:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:
It was not an "attack", it was a direct confirmation of deficient frequency mismatch causing audio interference, unpleasant to human eardrums. This was confirmed by a trained classical pianist who scares Joe Bono Massie by merely strolling into a venue. :yup:

Oh, and if the UPS Delivery website is accurate, tomorrow night I shall be posting about two Outstanding (I hope and expect) Bluray "Pure Audio" releases from another noted set of Canadian artists; stay tuned.

Botch said:
Oh, and if the UPS Delivery website is accurate, tomorrow night I shall be posting about two Outstanding (I hope and expect) Bluray "Pure Audio" releases from another noted set of Canadian artists; stay tuned.
Will do!

Jeff

ps. You trying for your Badge as well?

Botch said:

I got one of them last night.................will watch today............ :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I liked the duet between James Brown and Miley Cyrus. Seemed a lot looser and more fun than the duet between Vanilla Ice and Justin Bieber, which came across as a little forced. Not sure why I can't find either video on YouTube, though. Must be blocked for my region.

:think:

Mott the Hoople: All the Young Dudes:

I did not realize this song was written by David Bowie, but it sounds obvious to me now. Happy Birthday Mr. Bowie (turned 69 yesterday).

And since this has been stuck in my head for the last two weeks, it may as well be stuck in yours:

And then this appeared on the sidebar, a vacation video that matches the music perfectly! (my favorite TDN tune)
I'll stop now.

My Maria that song runs through my head all the time. Don't know why particularly, but it does. Always loved that song.

I have however grown to like the Brooks and Dunn cover a little better though.

^^^^ Kewl!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
Glad David Clayton Thomas lost that icky, Vegas-y look, and went with a mountain-man beard and flannel shirts. :shock:
The end of that song, on the album, is fricking hilarious; they lose time, a slow-motion train wreck, and then a meek voice in the back goes, "That wasn't too good...." :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Back