• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Classic Tunes, Classic videos

Live King Crimson - Starless and Bible-black:

[youtube]

:music-listening:

I distinctly remember my older brother bringing this album home. Nondescript gold leaf on the cover. My mom saw the inside and freaked . Four naked guys on hay bales!!

Mike,

Great song / video. I'm a huge fan of Nash the Slash's version of that classic.

Jeff

I've recently re-completed my collection of Harmonium (classic Quebec prog-rock group) albums by acquiring CD versions of all three of their releases.

While doing so, I came across this amazing National Film Board (short) documentary about Harmonium's first US appearance. Fascinating flashback to my formative years.

Watching a documentary on Grand Funk on Youtube. Came across this song and had no idea it was them!! Shame on me!! I have to get some Grand Funk in my collection!!!

Not a classic video, per se, but fascinating nonetheless. Brian Wilson and Al Jardine (the only real Beach Boys left) and a band doing a pretty damn good job on Sloop John B. It also features the only tambourinist in History to have his own iso booth! :D I'd love to hear the individual tracks, like the written guitar parts and the bells.

Love... LOVE,,,, LLLOOOOOOVE!!!!

Thanks for posting that video of Brian and the gang.

Thanks for sharing that Botch. That song will always have a special place in my heart, for when we were in the hospital with my mom waiting for her to pass, a guy was going room to room playing songs on a guitar, and that was the song we asked him to play for my mom as it was one of her favorites. He did a great job, just too bad she wasn't awake to hear it.

After watching my new APP concert video last night, I started digging through some old stuff today and realized my favorite Alan Parsons track was not performed; found this on EweTube, just barely remember the video but dayam what a great recording!

Grilled peach season! :toast:
Several new threads on my BGE forum, and then someone posted this video (I thought these guys were a hoot!) LOOK OUT!! :bouncygrin:

Wow, how did I just post that?? Anywho, video not the greatest but, who wouldn't want "a solar powered laser beam guitar".

Well Botch , since you posted another Canadian artist I will send one right back at you!! Not classic in age sense, BUT if you are Canadian, this video is as classic as it gets. That includes the Trailer Park Boys and an appearance by Don Cherry (chicken delivery guy). The Gord they refer to is, Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip. Enjoy!!

I think I've posted this before, somewhere, but it came up again on farcebook and I'm giddy all over again; tough!

:thumbsup:

Back