• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Comic Book Men, Here I Come!

Batman

Staff member
Famous
Well guys, this is the week I film for the show Comic Book Men. It's been in the works for a little while now, but I haven't discussed it much since a few things have fallen through since the Barcroft video. I'm both extremely excited and very nervous. I mean CABLE TV!!! I can't even believe it. So anyway, selfishly, I'm gonna ask that you guys keep me in your thoughts so that I don't make an ass of myself. :happy-smileygiantred: Honestly, deep down, I think I'm gonna have a load of fun doing this. Filming is this Wednesday & Friday. I've been catching up on the show and it's a FUN group of guys. I'm really looking forward to it. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the show on AMC, here's a clip...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNfjilPTcqY[/youtube]

Bat's, don't forget to pick on Ming, everybody else does, poor guy. This will be kinda weird but cool, watching you on TV. I really look forward to seeing this episode. I also look forward to reading the backstory on this on how it came about and what it was like.

Love this show and show some sympathy on Ming that poor guy.....especially when he had to wear the Wonder Woman underoos. :laughing-rolling:

Oh and Bats I know your a serious sort of fellow who shows the humorous side very rarely so my advice is lighten up, have fun and don't over think just go with the flow and laugh when the crew is there.

We filmed about an hour or so of footage yesterday at the Secret Stash in Red Bank, NJ (what a NICE area right on Tom's River!). I had a complete and total blast. I felt nothing at all like I did when I did the Barcroft YouTube piece. EVERYONE was nice and accommodating, and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. -B- even tagged along with me and wound up being invited on the show to be an extra, if he's not edited out of the final product, he'll be the person who buys a small item just before I walk up to the counter. I hope to have even more of a great time tomorrow when the Comic Book Men show up to geek out over my basement/theater! I cannot wait for this episode to air so you all can see it! I'll keep you guys posted on this season's dates.

Batman said:
We filmed about an hour or so of footage yesterday at the Secret Stash in Red Bank, NJ (what a NICE area right on Tom's River!). I had a complete and total blast. I felt nothing at all like I did when I did the Barcroft YouTube piece. EVERYONE was nice and accommodating, and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. -B- even tagged along with me and wound up being invited on the show to be an extra, if he's not edited out of the final product, he'll be the person who buys a small item just before I walk up to the counter. I hope to have even more of a great time tomorrow when the Comic Book Men show up to geek out over my basement/theater! I cannot wait for this episode to air so you all can see it! I'll keep you guys posted on this season's dates.

I see your smile from ear to ear just by reading these words!!!

:text-bravo:

Gearing up to go down and spruce up for tomorrow... I have a large subway poster I had framed set arrive any minute. The owner of the store agreed to deliver it if I showed him the theater. So I'll hang it and do a quick vacuum job tonight before some final clean-up/dusting in the morning. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Got the picture hung tonight...still a good bit to do but I'll be ready!!

It's a wrap!! The cast and crew showed up at my place around 1030 this morning. The crew of 20-25 people were all courteous and professional and had me at ease throughout the entire process. I can't convey what a blast I had doing this show! The experience was a complete 180 from doing the YouTube video. I hope it shows how much I enjoyed the experience when it airs next season! The entire ensemble was gone by 430 this afternoon. Now it's a waiting game. I can't tell you when it'll air...there's 16 slots this season and its yet to be determined where this will fit. I feel like I'm waiting for the next Batman flick to come out only I know all the spoilers!! I can't wait for you guys to see the show, I'm very proud to have been a part of the entire process.

Really kewl!

After your theater appears on TV, tell the audio/video magazines that call and ask for a layout to get stuffed.

Rope

That's awesome, Bats! I'm really happy for you. And excited to see the episode. :text-bravo:

Batman comic book stache suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa-clap:

BatStache_zps5598a8f4.jpg

Ill save it on my DVR forever. So when I explain your theater to friends I can show them the episode.

Correction to the location of Red Bank...it's not near Toms River. It's the Navesink River that runs along the north side of town. Not sure where I heard Tom's River at but I was mistaken.

^^ what ? Looking for credit :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

:happy-smileygiantred:

Okay a little birdie told me to set my DVR for midnight Monday morning the 21st but you didn't hear this from me :D As far as I'm concerned this is tentative until the show airs so the safest bet is to DVR the season but for now it looks like its episode 2 of this season (3).

Man on the heals of the film premiere in Tampa and then this Comic Book Men episode it's gonna be an exciting month!!

In case you missed earlier info, the show airs on AMC after The Walking Dead on Sunday/Monday at midnight. The first episode is the 13th of October.

Back