• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Comic Book Men, Here I Come!

I figured it was something like that because I just can't see you using the walkie talkie trick. Btw did you actually have to buy that Batman doll (which was really cool) or did the production team get it for you as a gift for letting them film in your house....should've held Ming hostage and negotiated for 300.00

MatthewB said:
...that Batman doll...
Way to see to it that you and your girlfriend are never invited to another GTG. :violence-smack:

That was most awesome, Batman! Congratulations. When we next see one another, can I have your autograph?

Is there any way for those of us without cable/satellite to see this? Is it on a web site somewhere?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it (I learned how to use google all by myself), doesn't seem to be up on the site yet but will watch for it.

:text-link:

MatthewB said:
I figured it was something like that because I just can't see you using the walkie talkie trick. Btw did you actually have to buy that Batman doll (which was really cool) or did the production team get it for you as a gift for letting them film in your house....should've held Ming hostage and negotiated for 300.00
Yeah, I purchased the figure. Having seen the show, I felt it was pretty pointless to negotiate heavily with Walt. Even when he backs off the increments are so minimal it hardly seems worth the effort. They didn't gouge me based on what I see these things sell for and I didn't want to be a poor sport so I purchased it. All the transactions on the show are legit. I wish the show was still in the hr long format. We shot so much footage they could've filled an hr easily. There was a good 15-20 minutes worth of stuff at the store and a lot more discussion inside the Batcave including a sequence where we fire up the TDKR and the crew films the 3 guys with these over-the-top reactions to the experience.

Well I guess my 15 minutes of fame is about over....I'm glad to have had you guys experience this with me. And I mean from the time I registered at the S&V forum til now. Although I admittedly had aspirations of maybe getting into a A/V magazine, I really had no idea it would lead to a TV show. I hope you guys got some enjoyment out of it.

P.S. I have to shout out once again to B, my cousin Brian, and my good friend Mike. They were in the trenches a good portion of the build. I can never claim 100% credit for that room and the way it turned out, a lot of the credit goes to them. And also Alex Robson, and Skip Winter (creators of the Unit 5 comic) friended me on Facebook after the YouTube video went live and in all likelihood I wouldn't have been found by the Comic Book Men team if not for them.

PaulyT said:
Is there any way for those of us without cable/satellite to see this? Is it on a web site somewhere?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it (I learned how to use google all by myself), doesn't seem to be up on the site yet but will watch for it.

Aw dammit, the only way to see this currently from what I can tell is via on-demand from my cable company, but I don't have that level of service. Guess I'll have to wait a bit for it to come out on amazon, episode 1 is there, just not 2 yet it seems. I'm assuming it won't be on netflix for a LONG time...

Have this DVRd and will watch soon. Plan to show it to my wife also just so she can see what an awesome/true HT could be like if/when we buy a house. Also to use as leverage to get me to one of these GTGs.

Drat, watching you fire up the TDKR for the Comic Men was exactly the scene I wanted to see. Did they make any comments about the sound of your system Chris, if so can you remember what they were? Well it was still pretty cool anyway, wonder what they would have thought, if they saw one of your GTG's? I imagine Brian might have eaten a a whole Bacon Explosion all by himself.

TitaniumTroy said:
Drat, watching you fire up the TDKR for the Comic Men was exactly the scene I wanted to see. Did they make any comments about the sound of your system Chris, if so can you remember what they were? Well it was still pretty cool anyway, wonder what they would have thought, if they saw one of your GTG's? I imagine Brian might have eaten a a whole Bacon Explosion all by himself.
They were mostly impressed by the shear output. I wouldn't consider any of them into A/V at all in general, so while they were impressed I'm not sure they really knew what they were seeing or hearing...

Just watched it. Very cool. Wish there was more time spent on the Batcave. And wish they had shown some of TDKR on the big screen. Guess I'll have to get a look for myself at one of these GTGs.

AWESOME CAVE!!!

I watched it several times once with the fam, very cool seeing on TV. I always told you the. Bat Cave HT was one the worlds best kept secrets and now it's really out. Congrats on the feature my friend and S/O to the cats that help build it!

Thanks Tee!! I miss u bro!!

Here's the companion podcast that took part in last Friday if anyone is interested.

FF to 4:41 if you're impatient!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0K2nLOcf_o[/youtube]

Back