• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Comic Books & Graphic Novels

okay, i REALLY got to get back to reading comics.

so is court of owls a good start? im also interested in walls description of the joker series.

help an old man out will ya?

Getting into the books is great, especially the trades. You get to buy the entire storyline and read it at once. I quit buying individual books years ago.
I would start with HUSH if you haven't already read it, it's so good. Joker Death of the Family was also really good but its not going to be for everyone. It's a bit dark and quite violent.
A couple others on the MUST list would be Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke.

If you want to try something totally different and non Super Hero then I highly Recommend Garth Ennis's PREACHERS. It's a fantastic read and moves along nicely. There are six volumes so it is quite long.
And of course there is the Walking Dead, far, FAR better then the TV version.

walls said:
Getting into the books is great, especially the trades. You get to buy the entire storyline and read it at once. I quit buying individual books years ago.
I would start with HUSH if you haven't already read it, it's so good. Joker Death of the Family was also really good but its not going to be for everyone. It's a bit dark and quite violent.
A couple others on the MUST list would be Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns and Killing Joke.

If you want to try something totally different and non Super Hero then I highly Recommend Garth Ennis's PREACHERS. It's a fantastic read and moves along nicely. There are six volumes so it is quite long.
And of course there is the Walking Dead, far, FAR better then the TV version.

Thanks walls, I think the Dark Knight Returns was one of the last few I read through during my comic book days. that and I think alex ross ones too.

I am going to try getting Hush first. Thank you sir!

You're gonna love HUSH!

I can mail you any or all of these if you would rather just pay for shipping just to read them and mail them back, that way you don't end up with shelf loads of trades. I have a shit ton. Lol

My biggest issue with HUSH is the art is so spectacular, that I found myself taking prolonged pauses dissecting the artwork and splash pages in the middle of reading the story. I'd have to pull myself back in to the storyline quite frequently. :laughing-lettersrofl:

I hear Ya! Probably one of the only books that has pulled me in that far on just the artwork alone.

Capullo's is pretty damn good too, I like the darker vision.

walls said:
You're gonna love HUSH!

I can mail you any or all of these if you would rather just pay for shipping just to read them and mail them back, that way you don't end up with shelf loads of trades. I have a shit ton. Lol

Thanks for the offer walls, but i remembered my comic book days,

wash hands
remove from acid free plastic
partially check binding
open comic book at a 45-60 degree angle, never fully opened...
enjoy.

fuck dude, after i got over that whole schpeel i got to enjoy comics more than collecting them.

if ever, i MIGHT take you up on it, but also saw amazon has em for sale, the 75th edition that includes dark knight returns, hush and the court of owls in one collection. apparently the paper isnt the best quality and bleeds so im not certain about it. might just buy hush and owl collection separately since i already have the dark knight collection (i actually think i sent it homem to my brother in the phil including alex ross' kingdom come and other alex ross material)

Thank you tho.

You misunderstood, I don't have the individual books I buy the trades. I don't worry about them at all. Lol

walls said:
You misunderstood, I don't have the individual books I buy the trades. I don't worry about them at all. Lol

If that'sthe case iI'm all for it!

Pm me your address and I can send you hush and court of owls. You should read court of owls and city of owls before death of the family. You don't havet o, but they flow nicely.

cool walls, i will do so. can i get back to you in a week or so?

payroll monday tomorrow and since dad in law just came out of hospital recently, we gonna be a bit busy.

thank you again for the offer bro. i really, really appreciate it.

Finished volume three of Stitched. It was much better then I expected it to be but ended with too many unanswered questions which drives me crazy. Still worth a read.

Bought the first four volumes of Batman Arkham Unhinged in a moment of weakness. Not a series I would normally bat an eye at because it's based on a video game, but I was able to get all four trades for $20 so I figured WTH.

About half way through volume,one I didn't think I was going to finish this, but I stuck with it (since I paid for it) and I must admit, it got really good.
The story arcs off in a few directions but it revolves around the Joker and Penguin and the Joker in particular is portrayed really well.

Just finished JOKER by Brian Azzarello with art by Lee Bermejo. this easily belongs on the must read list of Batman books. It's not a batman story but he does make an appearance, it's a joker story and a damn good one.
Keeps the reader on edge throughout and never lets up. LOVED IT!!!

Back