• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cutting the Cord?

No 4k as Chris mentioned. I do use the DirectTV record options quite a bit. It only holds about 20 hours of content though.

I keep telling myself I am going to get rid of it as it only accounts for about 20% of what I watch. Most of that is the movies on TCM many of which I record and wouldn't be able to watch otherwise.
Thanks Jeff. Not having 4K isn't the end of the world, actually if they had 4K and I did do this, I would have to get a new receiver as mine won't handle 4K.

I like DirecTVNow...with some minor complaints.
Last Channel, would be nice. I have trouble switching between 2 shows...
Some kind of option for channel #s instead of alpha order (though my Roku Remote Doesn't have #s...so...yeah)

If you have D*NOW, you can sign up for most on demand services available (HBOGO, MAXGO, SHOWTIME, ESPN, etc)

^^ this is true with using D*Now credentials to use standalone network app, but the D*Now app also has a search function for available content.

^^ this is true with using D*Now credentials to use standalone network app, but the D*Now app also has a search function for available content.
Does the D*NOW app crawl through the channels On Demand content? Haven't really tried to use it/search for anything...I've generally just exited and went into HBO or whatever...Guess I'll try it out

i think i might reconsider cutting the cord now.

directv on our end has cancelled channel 4 and 5. my mom in law cant stand watching local fox news. (i actually like it, but miss channel 5 here)...

I've had Hulu Live for a year now and love it. Tried Directv Now and hated it with a passion I was getting constant lip sync issues that they could never fix so switched to Hulu Live and love it. I opted for the 15.00 extra to be able to get 200 hours DVR but mostly to be able to fast forward thru commercials which you can't get with the basic Hulu Live plan. I get all my locals and all the best cable channels they offer. They say about 50 channels but you actually get more like 70 what I also love is if you forgot to record a show you can stream it a day later using the regular Hulu so you never have to miss a show. They also just updated the TV guide so it is way more like cable with you able to view all the channels up to two weeks. Sad that all the shows are broadcast in stereo and not DD 5.1 but me receiver does a great job so matrixing the audio to multi channel. PQ is fantastic and getting the locals with the plan is also great.

I pay for Hulu Live and Netflix (which I share with my mom) and my mom shares her Amazon Prime and HBO Go acct with me and of course I have Vudu for all my movies which I also share with my mom. So we have more TV to watch than we could ever need.

I took advantage of the insane deal Disney+ had going and prepaid there years for $141. I also saves a bunch going with annual subscriptions for Hulu, Starz and CBS. If you want the best price, that is the way to get it. I pay a total of $66/mo for Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, Starz, CBS and Viki.

Anyone have the DC Universe app? Any good?
It’s pretty pricey if you’re not a DC comics enthusiast. They have some exclusive content and a HUGE library of comics and extras. But it’s definitely not for everyone especially at $80/yr

It’s pretty pricey if you’re not a DC comics enthusiast. They have some exclusive content and a HUGE library of comics and extras. But it’s definitely not for everyone especially at $80/yr

Thanks they currently have it on annual pay for 74.99/year about 6.25 a month. I was looking at some of the original series on ther. I will try the 7 day free trial at sometime.

I took advantage of the insane deal Disney+ had going and prepaid there years for $141. I also saves a bunch going with annual subscriptions for Hulu, Starz and CBS. If you want the best price, that is the way to get it. I pay a total of $66/mo for Disney+, Netflix, Hulu, Starz, CBS and Viki.

That is a crazy price for what you are getting. Was it the special or paying for a year that helped with the cost? I am cutting ties with D TV as soon as my agreement ends the first of November, so will break the news to them next month so my bill doesn't jump for $80 to $180.

snake doctor, what service did you end up using for your cutting the cord solution?

i lost our discount on directv services so it jumped up two folds, called them up to ask and see if they can do anything for me, and i want to continue being a member. they were nice enough to just keep me at that same rate, so we kept it.

otherwise id have to find alternate solutions. really bummed ps vue is dead tho, but we knew that was going to be a possibility.

That is a crazy price for what you are getting. Was it the special or paying for a year that helped with the cost? I am cutting ties with D TV as soon as my agreement ends the first of November, so will break the news to them next month so my bill doesn't jump for $80 to $180.

Some of it was the deal thru Disney+. Some of it was annual subscription deals. Subscribing annual knocks about 20% off the price on average across services.

Some of it was the deal thru Disney+. Some of it was annual subscription deals. Subscribing annual knocks about 20% off the price on average across services.
idn't you have to be a member of Disney23 to get the offer?

lets hope it gains momentum and they do another sale. i look forward to watching more hannah montana... er...

star wars.

I'm looking forward to some time to watch something tomorrow night. I didn't have a chance to tonight, because I went straight to Lodge after work and didn't get home until 11:00 PM. It was a great evening. Time really does fly when you are having fun.

I was reading a story about the availability of online gambling and how FUBOTV is purchasing an online gambling company...anyway, they mention that:

"AT&T TV Now recently said it would stop selling its online-only service, previously called DirecTV Now, to new customers. The telecom company is instead marketing AT&T TV, an internet-based channel bundle that comes with a cable box."

How long before AT&T forces us back to a cable box? Anyone have more info on this? I enjoy my streaming service that's accessible from anywhere...

I was reading a story about the availability of online gambling and how FUBOTV is purchasing an online gambling company...anyway, they mention that:

"AT&T TV Now recently said it would stop selling its online-only service, previously called DirecTV Now, to new customers. The telecom company is instead marketing AT&T TV, an internet-based channel bundle that comes with a cable box."

How long before AT&T forces us back to a cable box? Anyone have more info on this? I enjoy my streaming service that's accessible from anywhere...

While a box is available it's not required. The "box" is an Android TV box that also runs other apps from the Google Play Store like Disney+, Netflix, Movies Anywhere. The notable exception is Amazon Prime Video.

I'm more than a little biased because I work at AT&T but a) I don't represent AT&T here and b) it's a really, really good live TV app.

The neat things about "the box" is that it boots directly into the AT&T TV app, the remote is universal and operates my TV and soundbar perfectly, the remote has number buttons so you can enter channels numbers like a old school tv if you want instead of having to access and scroll the guide, the remote its Google Voice enabled and can change channels (just say “watch ESPN”), the box is a Google assistant so you can access those services with your voice if that’s your thing, some apps like Netflix and HBO max appear as channels right in the guide for easier access, the box is also a Chromecast device so you can stream stuff from your mobile devices to the TV if you want too.

But again, “the box” isnt required. You can run the AT&T TV app on Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and most Android TV devices. Many "smart" TVs like Samsungs support it directly. And of course it runs on iOS and Android mobile devices.

It’s great to catch live events on my phone while following my wife around the grocery store. We take an ipad when we go camping and if we get cell coverage watch a little tv before bed. If something goes crazy like .,, I don’t know ... a bunch of people storm Congress ... I can follow events on my phone.

I have the service (obviously) but have only one “box” which we use in the bedroom because of the aforementioned ability to boot directly into the app We use Roku devices on the living room and gym, a firestick in the kitchen and patio, and run it directly from the Samsung TV’s menu on the TVs upstairs.

Back