• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Denon AH-D5000 Mod

Thanks! Yes, they can, and have been placed side-by-side (see Parkinson's pic above).

Rope

I'm thinking 4 brushed nickel vibracones would look righteous, one inch high, to get the heat from the amp away from the DAC.

21zLrcGGFrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Rope

Here's another thought, how bout I pop both covers, take them down to a place on Geneva Road that anodizes aluminum and make them black, then purchase the black chrome vibracones?

Rope

So you're a black gear guy huh...I will take either but after having my silver aluminum Woo for so long it just looks right. My new M-Stage is silver too.

Wouldn't the lettering get nixed?

You could get really fancy and change the color of the LED's too.

Black aluminum and red LEDs...WQQT!

I'll ask those guys if the lettering can be preserved.

Rope

Received an email response from Jason Stoddard (Schiit) about anodizing black. It's a go, providing the clear anodizing be removed first. His words were, "Good Luck".

Rope

You'll be famous on Head-Fi if you do and post pics there.

Am I recalling correctly that you're a bit put off from Head-Fi?

I haven't been reading much there lately. I'm quite pissed off at a member who bought my Pico Slim (portable amp from HeadAmp). It is a limited edition amp that has lifetime warranty and cost $350 as the preorder price(they now cost $400). I also paid tax being in the same state as Justin, the builder. I sold the amp for $325 to said member who 4 weeks later is flipping the amp for $400 plus shipping. What a prick.

GreatDane said:
You'll be famous on Head-Fi if you do and post pics there.

Am I recalling correctly that you're a bit put off from Head-Fi?

I haven't been reading much there lately. I'm quite pissed off at a member who bought my Pico Slim (portable amp from HeadAmp). It is a limited edition amp that has lifetime warranty and cost $350 as the preorder price(they now cost $400). I also paid tax being in the same state as Justin, the builder. I sold the amp for $325 to said member who 4 weeks later is flipping the amp for $400 plus shipping. What a prick.

Yeah, there's some over there that are nothing more than trolls, that insist everyone else is a troll.

Call the prick on the transaction, tell him you'llbuy it back for the same price you sold it for. Then you flip it.

Rope

I did post in his FS ad but he got the ad deleted and started a new one so I edited my feedback to negative and left some additional text. Now his new ad is gone so he either pulled it or sold it. At that price I doubt he sold it. Hopefully other members gave him a hard time.

My gripe isn't about the money but ethics. His need to make a $75 profit is wrong and he knows it. It will come back to bite him in the ass in the end.

Good on ya!

Now days ethics is in short supply. Seems it's all about grabbing that big brass ring... cha-ching.

Head-fi is a great place to gather information, although, there's a lot of sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Being famous there is not among my ambitions. And there are some very knowledgeable people who attempt to shed true light on the HP community. The majority, not so much.

Rope

^ I agree. The time it takes to do that sorting is what I lack.

Not looking for any upgrades and being broke is a good reason for my Head-Fi vacation.

GreatDane said:
^ I agree. The time it takes to do that sorting is what I lack.

Not looking for any upgrades and being broke is a good reason for my Head-Fi vacation.

Ah, so you want to be really broke? Keep hangin' round the shooting game. :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh, and about that .50 sniper rifle.....did someone say 1500 meters without breaking a sweat?

Rope

BTW, if you can get your hands on a copy of Marine Sniper One Shot, One Kill, The Carlos Hathcock Story, this will further the diseases proliferation.

Back