1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Direct Tv Now.

Discussion in 'Television Providers' started by Dentman, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member Famous

According to their website, they have not rolled the limit out to my area yet. They try to talk it up like it is some kind of benefit. What a bunch of assholes.

Dentman likes this.
  2. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

Cant say I blame you for what your saving. What's killing me is I'm home all day with financial news shows playing in the background. I'll have to change my habits.

3. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Looks like KPRC is on board. I forgot all about it until I was hanging out with my friend yesterday and asked. He indicated yes so I guess that's good, no?

4. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Ummm ... they’ve been on for a while now. They weren’t when I first switched but a few days later, without notice, it appeared on my channels list.

5. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Ok. Then he did stir the pot. Again it was my understanding the CC software was compatibility issue

Let me rephrase. I know he stirred the pot

6. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

The Spectrum advert I just received claims to offer 200Mb internet with no usage limits, throttling, or extra charges for $29 / month.

Is that a local thing? I've never seen any ISP in my area have limits.

7. Towen7

I can’t say much more about AT&T’s offerings other than that they are sometimes different in different markets and sometimes even within the same market area.

In my area the big ISP choices are AT&T (FTTP or FTTN) and Comcast (DOCSIS). AT&T has a 1TB cap for customers with less than their fastest 1Gbps. Comcast, per Dentman’s posts, also have a 1TB cap but I’m not sure if they drop the cap based on other contract terms. My guess is that they do.

8. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

Something strange is happening with my DTVNOW app. I have two TV's both with a ROKU, one in the basement and one in the living room. I use the basement one about 90% of the time. When I turned on the LR TV last night the DTVNOW logo was white instead of the usual black. I had to sign in again and realized they updated/changed the app. It was a bit of a hassle to setup my favories list, a process that used to invlove 1-2 clicks now takes 4-5.

I figuredd today when I urned on the basement system I would have to do the same thing but the basement TV is still using the "old" app/UI.

Weird.

The updated app does have a DVR function though in small print I had to get within 6" to read saw it was a beta version.

9. Dentman

Great news for DirecTV Now users. I read that all 2017 and newer model Samsung TVs now have the DirecTV app.
    Sure enough I checked my TV and there it was. I can now officially nix my Roku box. 2 more wires now gone!

10. mzpro5

mzpro5 Well-Known Member Famous

Anyone else get notified DTVNOW is increasing ates by $5/month?

11. Towen7

12. Dentman

First I've heard of it. Honestly expected it. I would imagine many customers are like me with the AT&T shoephone plan that brings the cost to $20.00 per month with HBO. That doesn't seem like a price they could keep for very long. Not a problem for me.