• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Direct Tv Now.

According to their website, they have not rolled the limit out to my area yet. They try to talk it up like it is some kind of benefit. What a bunch of assholes.

Looks like you have the same 1TB limit that I do. I made it through the month without going over. I found some fine print on AT&T’s billing page that said I’d be billed after the third time I’d exceeded the cap (which I haven’t yet).

Still ... once I get the time to pre-wire my living room TV for satellite service, and pre-run a fiber optic line to my network rack I’ll cancel DTVnow and switch over to regular DTV (plus Hulu and Netflix).
Cant say I blame you for what your saving. What's killing me is I'm home all day with financial news shows playing in the background. I'll have to change my habits.

Looks like KPRC is on board. I forgot all about it until I was hanging out with my friend yesterday and asked. He indicated yes so I guess that's good, no?

Ummm ... they’ve been on for a while now. They weren’t when I first switched but a few days later, without notice, it appeared on my channels list.

Ummm ... they’ve been on for a while now. They weren’t when I first switched but a few days later, without notice, it appeared on my channels list.
Ok. Then he did stir the pot. Again it was my understanding the CC software was compatibility issue

Let me rephrase. I know he stirred the pot

The Spectrum advert I just received claims to offer 200Mb internet with no usage limits, throttling, or extra charges for $29 / month.

Is that a local thing? I've never seen any ISP in my area have limits.

The Spectrum advert I just received claims to offer 200Mb internet with no usage limits, throttling, or extra charges for $29 / month.

Is that a local thing? I've never seen any ISP in my area have limits.

I can’t say much more about AT&T’s offerings other than that they are sometimes different in different markets and sometimes even within the same market area.

In my area the big ISP choices are AT&T (FTTP or FTTN) and Comcast (DOCSIS). AT&T has a 1TB cap for customers with less than their fastest 1Gbps. Comcast, per Dentman’s posts, also have a 1TB cap but I’m not sure if they drop the cap based on other contract terms. My guess is that they do.

Something strange is happening with my DTVNOW app. I have two TV's both with a ROKU, one in the basement and one in the living room. I use the basement one about 90% of the time. When I turned on the LR TV last night the DTVNOW logo was white instead of the usual black. I had to sign in again and realized they updated/changed the app. It was a bit of a hassle to setup my favories list, a process that used to invlove 1-2 clicks now takes 4-5.

I figuredd today when I urned on the basement system I would have to do the same thing but the basement TV is still using the "old" app/UI.

Weird.

The updated app does have a DVR function though in small print I had to get within 6" to read saw it was a beta version.

Great news for DirecTV Now users. I read that all 2017 and newer model Samsung TVs now have the DirecTV app.
Sure enough I checked my TV and there it was. I can now officially nix my Roku box. 2 more wires now gone!

First I've heard of it. Honestly expected it. I would imagine many customers are like me with the AT&T shoephone plan that brings the cost to $20.00 per month with HBO. That doesn't seem like a price they could keep for very long. Not a problem for me.

Just got an email about DirecTV NOW being changed to AT&T TV NOW.

" In an effort to deliver the best service possible across our products, we will soon be reintroducing the DIRECTV NOW experience as AT&T TV NOW.

In the coming weeks, your DIRECTV NOW app will change to AT&T TV, but will continue to deliver the same great streaming entertainment. As an existing customer, your service will carry on as usual without any interruptions.

If automatic updates are not enabled on your device, you will be directed to download the updated app when you login. Simply follow the onscreen instructions and accept the Terms and Conditions to update. "

I had heard there some changes coming will see how this change effects things if at all.

I had heard there some changes coming will see how this change effects things if at all.

There are changes coming but this rebranding though is just a rebranding. You’ll see a new splash screen when you log in, nothing else for now.

Went to watch Face the Nation this morning and got the message that DirecTV Now no longer carries CBS affiliates, they suggest getting a subscription to CBS All Access

Went to watch Face the Nation this morning and got the message that DirecTV Now no longer carries CBS affiliates, they suggest getting a subscription to CBS All Access

AT&T finally came agreed to a new contract but some independently owned CBS stations still have to negotiate their own deals with AT&T.

Canceled the service this morning. They make iit easy to sign up but sure do make you hunt to try and cancel the service.

Back