• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Female Singers / Lead Vocalists / Musical artists

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
What about Chrissie Hynde?? WTF is wrong with you people?? One of the most sexiest voices in music and she's not even mentioned?!

And no Pat Benatar?? At least Heeman mentioned Ann Wilson in this thread. You all should be kissing his ass for that.

I will pray to the gods of rock to spare this forum from their imminent destruction . Oh the humanity!!!

^Ugh, can't stand Sade. Her music makes me want to punch people in the face and punt small animals. I'll totally give you Chrissie Hynde though...

You want to punt people and punch small animals in the face when listening to Sade?
:p

I actually have most of the earlier Pretenders albums, saw her in concert once. But I love Sade, and I would think every audiophile on this forum would love listening to her records: very well-recorded, tasty, jazz/r&b tunes, with great songs and very good songwriting. Great sax playing. I'm surprised you don't like it, Chuck.

^Ugh, can't stand Sade. Her music makes me want to punch people in the face and punt small animals. I'll totally give you Chrissie Hynde though...

You want to punt people and punch small animals in the face when listening to Sade?

No, he wants to punt people and punch small animals in the face who DON'T like listening to Sade.

So....is it punch people and punt small animals, or punt people and punch small animals?? ;)

:p

I actually have most of the earlier Pretenders albums, saw her in concert once. But I love Sade, and I would think every audiophile on this forum would love listening to her records: very well-recorded, tasty, jazz/r&b tunes, with great songs and very good songwriting. Great sax playing. I'm surprised you don't like it, Chuck.

What can I say - her music, to me, is like Radiohead to a number of other members; it just doesn't agree with me. Further, hearing it actually stirs up feelings of angst that make me uncomfortable. I'm not joking. I'm at least starting to tolerate jazz a bit since we go to the club downstairs way more often than we should for dinner. I still don't like it when each musician seems to plays independently of the other band members, like they're each playing a different song simultaneously.

I know a lot of you are fans, and I am not particularly, but Lady Gaga is on SNL and her performance is good. However she looks amazing. That's gotta count for something. LOL. Its amazing how attractive that woman can be when she doesn't wear a lunch meat hat or whatever else weird shit she has tried.

BTW, I still love Belinda Carlisle @Jeff Mackwood

I'll concede that Sade has a silky smooth voice, but her material doesn't do much for me. Not only that but when she/they were on the rise, I was 10 or so....I wasn't into anybody at that time. CMonster and I must've been separated at birth though because when I was 14 or 15, for Christmas I received my first double cassette deck/radio/turntable unit with separate 5 disc CD carousel (Panasonic/Technics) and accompanying gift CDs included Now and Zen, Out Of Order by Rod Stewart. I also really liked Belinda Carlisle but didn't own any of her CDs.

What about Chrissie Hynde?? WTF is wrong with you people?? One of the most sexiest voices in music and she's not even mentioned?!

And no Pat Benatar?? At least Heeman mentioned Ann Wilson in this thread. You all should be kissing his ass for that.

I will pray to the gods of rock to spare this forum from their imminent destruction . Oh the humanity!!!
See post #23. I just didn't post a Pretenders video. My bad!!

Damn, Brass in Pocket is absolutely infectious. First time I heard that song I was lukewarm at best but damnit it grew on me.

I know a lot of you are fans, and I am not particularly, but Lady Gaga is on SNL and her performance is good. However she looks amazing. That's gotta count for something. LOL. Its amazing how attractive that woman can be when she doesn't wear a lunch meat hat or whatever else weird shit she has tried.

I have become a Gaga fan, VERY,VERY, talented! And yes, she can be quite attractive when she doesn't go off the deep end with her wackiness. I appreciate unique, but holy crap she has had some bizzaro outfits.:shocked:

Yes, lunch meat is for sandwiches not for covering your bum.

I know this thread is about talent and not looks so I will leave this here and then get back to the original intent of the thread, but the first time I realized how attractive she was, was in the commercial with her and Tony Bennett singing Baby Its Cold Outside.

There is a bunch of Lady GaGa on the hard drive in the Caddie and I am beginning to really like some of it. She is definitely talented.

Also a cameo by a pretty darn good guitarist.

^ This brings back memories!! So pretty!

Powerhouse voice in this lady!

Adagio...

Adv. & Adj. Music

In a slow tempo, usually considered to be slower than andante but faster than larghetto. Used chiefly as a direction.

She is definitely talented.
Preaching to the converted here!

She readily acknowledges that she first caught on with audiences here in Ottawa. I've seen her live twice. Would love to see her again when she comes back.

Jeff

Back