• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

FLINT: Re-Living his Glory days?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
You asked for it, so here it is:

Franklin Flint plays his new kit - unrehearsed and nervous as hell:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YURB3Yw1s[/youtube]

Dude! That is so fuckin' Sweet! :music-rockout:

Thanks for posting that Franklin, I know it was more work than you thought it would be and I really appreciate seeing you play your drums!

............. :text-thankyoublue:

Dennie

Very cool.

I'm not sure why a former studio musician would be at all nervous though.

Hopefully this will lead to others with talent to share.

1) I haven't recorded or performed in 20 years and cannot do what I used to consider basic stuff.
2) It is hard to play alone without any interaction with an audience of any kind.
3) I made several mistakes.
4) I didn't rehearse anything, just sat down and tried to quickly think of something to play. I spent most of the day setting up the recording gear and cameras rather than warming up or practicing.

very nice!

one shot thing, impromptu, or did you follow some guide or what not?

very interesting and amazing set you got flint!

nicely done!

Guide? No, I just sat down and played. This was my first take. I did two more, but I made too many pickups in the others.

Flint said:
1) I haven't recorded or performed in 20 years and cannot do what I used to consider basic stuff.
2) It is hard to play alone without any interaction with an audience of any kind.
3) I made several mistakes.
4) I didn't rehearse anything, just sat down and tried to quickly think of something to play. I spent most of the day setting up the recording gear and cameras rather than warming up or practicing.

.................. :angry-tappingfoot:

I think you're the only one looking for perfection, we just wanted to see you play.

...and how can there be any "mistakes" if you weren't playing "anything"?

That was great Franklin and I'm sure not easy to do. Most "artists" get nervous before they preform, the more they do it, the easier it is, as you know.

Thanks! I didn't seen any flaws, I just saw you playing your drums and it was Fucking KOOL!!! :eusa-clap:

Dennie :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Okay!

I just watched it again and you're right. What the hell were you thinking.......

I'm just messin' with you!! It's great and now I want to see part two!

Dennie :teasing-tease:

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Well done, Flint. Well done! :text-bravo:

Hell ya! :character-beavisbutthead:

Encore! Encore!

Rock on Brother

Thank you taking the time out of your day to entertain us with your chops.

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do that. I, for my part, promise to (eventually!) put up a vid of me playing the piano in return. Gotta go dig up the video cam, but I won't have multi-camera action like you do!

I'm impressed - but unsurprised given that it's you - that the recording is so good, even with the crappy built-in speakers on my monitor I can hear the different tones of the various drums and cymbals; I'll take it into the HT later and try again.

I love the drum tatoo!

Only thing I can't see in the vid - what sort of things are you doing with your feet? One bass/kick drum or two? And high hat and/or...? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know the right terms here for the different gear.)

Oh I see your gear list in the youtube description: one bass drum. But I'm still not savvy enough to know what else you may be operating with your feet...

Thanks Flint!!!

The playing.........great!

Camera angles and video quality........great!!!

Rock on! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I have two pedals in total. Left foot controls the hi-hats and the right foot plays the bass drum. I own a double bass pedal, but it isn't hooked right now.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

:music-headbanger: :music-headbanger: :music-headbanger:

Nicely played, sir!!!!

Ok listened to it in my HT - WAY better! (duh. ;) ) For one thing I can actually hear the bass drum. Very nice recording, Flint, even some stereo action there. Perhaps use the right channel more, there's not as much on that side. (in my very humble opinion... :oops: )

Back