• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Full Circle

CMonster

My first real subwoofer was an SVS 20-39 PCi. Today I'll be taking delivery of an SVS PC-2000 Pro. This will be going in our living room which has been running just a 3.0 system since we moved here a little over four years ago. Hopefully this concludes my subwoofer journey as I'm very satisfied with the dual Rythmik's in the HT and this SVS should be more than enough for the intended task. I'll post pics when I can.

Last edited:
I went to an SVS in-store presentation a few years ago.
What I was struck by more than anything was how much the size has decreased since I bought my PB12 Plus 2.
Congrats, enjoy and you suck.

How many other subs did you consider? What put this SVS over the others? And maybe I am going crazy but didn't you used to have a PB12 Plus/2 mated with the Monitor Audios?

How many other subs did you consider? What put this SVS over the others? And maybe I am going crazy but didn't you used to have a PB12 Plus/2 mated with the Monitor Audios?

I know it's horrible but I knew where I wanted the sub to live and the cylinder was the best fit. If for some reason it can't be made to sound decent there I can ship it back for free. We briefly considered the B&W round subwoofer just because it looks cool but it's ridiculously overpriced.

The PB12-Plus/2 now resides in my brother-in-law's HT up in Lincoln, NE.

I wasn't recognizing your setup photos, but finally remembered you two had moved into a downtown loft, correct? With an indoor archery range/axe-throwing room, or something like that?

I wasn't recognizing your setup photos, but finally remembered you two had moved into a downtown loft, correct? With an indoor archery range/axe-throwing room, or something like that?

Yes, we're in a downtown condo and have been known to do a little archery down the main hallway. Here's the other end of the room:

And a view out the windows:

Yes, we're in a downtown condo and have been known to do a little archery down the main hallway. Here's the other end of the room:
No pets (?), no kids... oh so clean! Kinda jealous.

I got the sub up and running on Wednesday evening. I didn't bother doing a room calibration because it's a bit of a PITA with the older Anthem pre/pro so I just set the level using my SPL meter and the Disney WOW calibration blu-ray. I was planning on playing around with it more this weekend but our neighbors, who've been MIA since the stay-at-home orders went into effect, showed up last night. Turns out they've been staying at the family farm on the other side of the state. Oh well. I'll probably still mess with it a little but I won't push it to stupid-high levels like I was planning...

I got the sub up and running on Wednesday evening. I didn't bother doing a room calibration because it's a bit of a PITA with the older Anthem pre/pro so I just set the level using my SPL meter and the Disney WOW calibration blu-ray. I was planning on playing around with it more this weekend but our neighbors, who've been MIA since the stay-at-home orders went into effect, showed up last night. Turns out they've been staying at the family farm on the other side of the state. Oh well. I'll probably still mess with it a little but I won't push it to stupid-high levels like I was planning...

I only have one question.

Why would anyone stay on the other side of the state, given the choice?

Kidding a little.
Still love the KC area.

So, are the Rhythmiks and the HT more isolated from the neighbors than your living room system?

Back