• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

Interesting theories and makes sense. But I need to stay away from this post if people are reading too much on future shows and leaks and theories. Messing it up a bit for me

Finally caught this weeks episode, and overall I liked it. Not sure what to think of the Arya sex scene, and I guess that scene caused a spike in people searching for her age to make sure she was legal. I am kind of surprised that they are sending people to the crypts. Anybody who was part of the Night's Watch knows the dead bodies come back to life. That almost seems like sloppy writing, but maybe that's why Arya is running so scared in the trailer, maybe it's her dead, headless father chasing her.

I almost wonder if we will see Jaime killed in next weeks episode, this weeks he seemed to be asking for forgiveness from everybody. A few are speculating that Dany will turn mad, and this weeks episode makes that seem somewhat likely. Also, I want somebody to look at me the way Brienne looks at Sansa. It wouldn't surprise me if it came out that Brienne likes the ladies rather than the guys. Not that there's anything wrong with that, and to keep the Jerry Seinfeld references going, I am now going to pronounce Sansa like he did salsa.

Interesting theory that the little girl with the facial scar that ser Davos gave food to is actually Mellisandre. The go on to point out a reference to her in the crypts, so maybe, if true, it isn't sloppy writing with the women and children going into the place of the dead.

Maybe they assume that the bodies in the crypt are all encased in heavy stone crypts and therefore unable to get out and become a threat.

In the teaser for episode 3, when someone says "The dead are already here!", I immediately thought of all the dead in the crypts under WInterfell...which is supposed to be Starks over thousands of years...so alot of them. Ye olde Trojan Horse trope...

Also, I predict that Jamie "The Kingslayer" Lannister, also becomes Jamie "The Queenslayer" Lannister, when he kills his sister.

In the teaser for episode 3, when someone says "The dead are already here!", I immediately thought of all the dead in the crypts under WInterfell...which is supposed to be Starks over thousands of years...so alot of them. Ye olde Trojan Horse trope...

Also, I predict that Jamie "The Kingslayer" Lannister, also becomes Jamie "The Queenslayer" Lannister, when he kills his sister.
Maybe, but I don't think he will live long enough to kill her. Although there's also speculation that he has to kill Dany after she goes mad like her father. Somewhere in this thread I shared a picture of the night king on a bunch of skulls wearing a tiara the same as Cersai's. I'm thinking she gets turned into the Night Queen. All speculation though, and I'm as lost as anybody on where this is going.

Episode three more than made up for the laborious pacing of the first two episodes. It will be interesting to see how they handle the next part with their forces so depleted.

Idk, I’m still fairly underwhelmed overall. Obviously the pace of Ep3 was intense. But nothing happened that wasn’t fully anticipated. Arya’s role in this battle has been tipped off for a while. I’m just continually getting this vibe that after a 2 year hiatus and only 6 episodes this season, we aren’t getting the most out of the waiting period at all. I think they’re in real danger of fumbling at the goal line.

Idk, I’m still fairly underwhelmed overall. Obviously the pace of Ep3 was intense. But nothing happened that wasn’t fully anticipated. Arya’s role in this battle has been tipped off for a while. I’m just continually getting this vibe that after a 2 year hiatus and only 6 episodes this season, we aren’t getting the most out of the waiting period at all. I think they’re in real danger of fumbling at the goal line.
I get that, but I also think the Night King's death came a little too easy last night. I'm hoping we get a right and proper mind fuck next Sunday.

Rainy day at work, and since I've seen the episode, been reading a lot on how Arya killing the Night King isn't fitting the narrative of Azor Ahai prophecy, which would be the Prince that is promised. I'm wondering if Jon, if he is Azor Ahai, is going to have to kill the one he loves most. Most are speculating that Dany will turn mad and she will be the one Jon kills, but what if it's Arya? Thinking back to season one, and it's been awhile since I've seen it so the details may not be perfect, but Jon and Arya had a special bond, and I believe the first scene of Winterfell is of his teaching Arya how to shoot a bow. I could be wrong, and probably are, but if Jon is Azor, I think he would have a harder time killing Arya than Dany.

There is also the other prophesy involving Arya that Mellisandre mentioned, which is that she would kill one with brown eyes (Walder Frey), one with blue eyes (Night King) and one with green eyes. Cersei has green eyes.

I agree with you and I am surprised no one has mentioned the terrible lighting.

Impossible to see alot and figure out what was going on. At first I thought maybe it was just me and a bad day for my eyes but I have read several reviews that mentioned the same thing.

^^ Actually out of fear I was complaining too much, I omitted my concerns about audio and video quality from last nights episode. It’s the first time I’ve watched a DVR’d episode of GoT via Directvnow so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I was fiddling with different picture settings throughout and had the TVs volume on 95 (of 100).

I hate that I’m not loving this season so far....I’m happy for those that are enjoying this season. I’m just frustrated because the rest of the series is SO FUCKING good. It would be really disappointing if this season winds up diminishing the repeatability (is that even a word??) of the first 7.

^^ Actually out of fear I was complaining too much, I omitted my concerns about audio and video quality from last nights episode. It’s the first time I’ve watched a DVR’d episode of GoT via Directvnow so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I was fiddling with different picture settings throughout and had the TVs volume on 95 (of 100).
I watched the show in the dark minus the bias lighting on the back of my TV. It was dark but not to the level of complaints. I'm wondering if the streaming was an issue due to compression. My AT&T Uverse seemed okay. Audio was good IMO too.

I watched the show in the dark minus the bias lighting on the back of my TV. It was dark but not to the level of complaints. I'm wondering if the streaming was an issue due to compression. My AT&T Uverse seemed okay. Audio was good IMO too.
Maybe....I’m gonna stream several scenes directly from HBOGO and see if there’s any difference.

Back