• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

After making the above mentioned adjustments to the set I rewatched the episode and it was like I was watching for the first time. i could concentrate on the story and not be constantly trying to see something.

It was a bit disappointing that they seemed to veer off what was one of the primary things I (and others liked about the show - not taking the "safe" way out. IN the past there was no guarentee a "favorite would make it iut of a deadly situation alive. I feel they wimped out on this one. But then again they completely did off with the entire Mormont family in one episode.

After making the above mentioned adjustments to the set I rewatched the episode and it was like I was watching for the first time. i could concentrate on the story and not be constantly trying to see something.

It was a bit disappointing that they seemed to veer off what was one of the primary things I (and others liked about the show - not taking the "safe" way out. IN the past there was no guarentee a "favorite would make it iut of a deadly situation alive. I feel they wimped out on this one. But then again they completely did off with the entire Mormont family in one episode.
What adjustments?

What adjustments?

Had some time this morning to play around with my display (65" LG OLED) settings. I found that by setting it on "Vivid" (a setting that usually makes things way to bright) and increasing the Contrast and got a very good picture that was not washed out, had way more detail than I saw on my initial viewing. It is still dark as it is night but detail and color are way better.

I will rewatch in the next day or so.

Sorry, I just don't agree. But I did watch it on my 75" TV from AT&T and I had the whole house dark. And for the audio, I didn't have issue either. I will rewatch tomorrow night again to see but I had it turned way up and no issue with dialogue.

Granted I do have a monster of a center.
This isn't a center channel problem, as I have no problem with mine, but that the surrounds sounds were mixed a little hot. I've always been told that the surrounds should blend in seamlessly with everything else, only calling attention to themselves when needed, but in this episode, there was something coming out of them the whole time. At least to me, it was like trying to listen to two conversations at once.

This isn't a center channel problem, as I have no problem with mine, but that the surrounds sounds were mixed a little hot. I've always been told that the surrounds should blend in seamlessly with everything else, only calling attention to themselves when needed, but in this episode, there was something coming out of them the whole time. At least to me, it was like trying to listen to two conversations at once.
I rewatched the show last night. Surround sound seemed fine for me

I think differences in quality between viewers is due in large part to different ISPs in different areas.

I think differences in quality between viewers is due in large part to different ISPs in different areas.
I have a reliable 100 mbps connection, and a Netflix 4K show streams somewhere between 9 mbps and 11 mbps, although I did see a show streaming at 15 mbps once. At least in my case, anything I experienced wasn't do to low bandwidth.

BTW, does Gendry have any claim to the throne? I thought he was gonna be a more pivotal character when he was first introduced, but other than that unbelievable run and bedding Arya, he hasn't done much.

BTW, does Gendry have any claim to the throne? I thought he was gonna be a more pivotal character when he was first introduced, but other than that unbelievable run and bedding Arya, he hasn't done much.

As the bastard of Robert Baratheon, he theoretically could. Thing is, he's never been legitimized, so it's not all that great a claim.

As the bastard of Robert Baratheon, he theoretically could. Thing is, he's never been legitimized, so it's not all that great a claim.
I still wonder though if it will come into play. He's been somewhat more utilized this season, and he definitely has more of a right to sit on it than Cersai, it will be curious to see if that comes into play. Maybe he'll be the only one left? lol

I thought he had told Ser Onion he had no interest in the throne, back when they met up in Kings Landing.

Last edited:
Ultimately, the only claim to the throne that matters is the army that keeps you there. That's now things went from Targaryens to Baratheon. Gendry doesn't have an army. Cersei does. Daenerys does. John Snow could step in there with her, but who knows how that's going to pan out. Right now, barring somebody rallying a lot of support in a short time, I think the showdown is between those two players.

It appears that in my neighborhood the internet is reserved for GoT viewers on Sunday evenings. I'm trying to watch "Your Dead to Me" and starting at 9pm it started buffering a bit, by 9:45 it only shows a minute or two before buffering again. Yuck.

Well they did say a lot of fans aren't going to like the way GOT ends, and I can now see why. Last nights episode wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.

I actually liked last nights episode. IMO it may be the best so far of the season. Thins happened that many won't like but hey that's "the game".

Onwe ting after last night and thinking all week about the battle of Winterfell the "good guys" are the worst military tacticians ever' Going into a situation with any reconnaissance, especially when you have airpower just plain stupid. And the tactical errors from last week were many. Leading with your cavalry against an unknown? Creating a chokepoint with YOUR troops on the wrong side?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when John Oliver,in his own HBO show made a joke involving GoT and then looked at the camera and said

"In two weeks time this network is so deeply f**ked."

^^ I have yet to watch this week’s Last Week Tonight.....but I love it when he takes jabs at AT&T

^^ I was thinking about the source of my frustration with this season. And without a doubt its the writing followed up by the mediocre acting as a result of the writing. I think as a whole, the writing has been predictable and sophomoric. But I think the season will be easier to watch if season 7 & 8 are treated as one. This season is simply too short and they’re not giving us what you’d expect after a 2yr buildup.....IMHO.

Back