• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Green Lantern Trailer Released

Batman

Staff member
Famous
WooHoo!! This movie looks insanely awesome!! I've said it once and I'll say it again, Ryan Reynolds is truly inspired casting and is perfect for this role...FYI the sequel is already greenlit and in pre-production...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxgsDR5g7o4[/youtube]

Fucking Apple....any links NOT requiring the download of Quicktime? :doh: :angry-banghead:

Yesfan70 said:
Fucking Apple....any links NOT requiring the download of Quicktime? :doh: :angry-banghead:
My bad the iTunes link was the first one I saw and I just used that one...I put it up in HD from youtube in the OP... :handgestures-thumbup:

Thank you, thank you, thank, you thank you..........

Looks promising. I think I still liked the guy from Law & Order SVU as a better choice, but will still want to see it. IS that the same guy from the movie Van Wilder? I've seen him before, but can't place the name.........

Yesfan70 said:
Thank you, thank you, thank, you thank you..........

Looks promising. I think I still liked the guy from Law & Order SVU as a better choice, but will still want to see it. IS that the same guy from the movie Van Wilder? I've seen him before, but can't place the name.........
Yep, Ryan Reynolds.

Chris Meloni from Law and Order, they (WB) liked him enough to voice cast him in the recent animated movie GL: First Flight. So when people heard that name come up they assumed he was cast for the live action flick. I guess some people can't get past it :D You see, Hal Jordan from the comics is arrogant and cocky but aloof with a sense of humor. To me THAT IS Ryan Reynolds...

Another thing to remember is a lot of these "franchises" are starting off with origin stories and if the franchise takes off they have to cast someone who is young enough for the origin and can mature into the role for future sequels...Chris Meloni is what 45 or more?

Yes that is Ryan Reynolds who played "Van Wilder" I've said it before, "Green Lantern" has always been my favorite comic book superhero. (X-Men was a little before my time to enjoy the comic books) Batman was always too dark and Superman just seemed gay to me. But I Green Lantern always embodies all that great comic book hero's aspired, he had a great sense of humor, was dark and just imagined the greatest things to beat the crap out of bad guys. The trailer did show his brother in arms the "Red Lantern" so that was cool to catch. I am looking forward to this one.

"In Brightest Day in Blackest Night, No evil shall escape my sight" Matt

Something you guys may not no, but the hal Jordan green lantern is the 2nd generation Green Lantern and is called the "Silver Age" Green lantern, the "Golden Age was a man named "Alan Scott" and the cartoonist for the Hal Jordan version just drew Paul Newman in the outfit and if you ever see the original comics of the 60's, you can clearly see it is indeed a comic version of Paul Newman.

Yesfan70 said:
Come to the Dark Side... :cool:

Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:
Come to the Dark Side... :cool:

NOOoooooooo......... :teasing-tease:

Bats,

I think I remember you posting that before about why Reynolds is the better choice. I'm not familiar with the Green Lantern comics as some of you guys are. The Green Lantern I know is from the Superfriends cartoon where they fight the Legion of Doom (the best version of the cartoon imo).

As expected this trailer was attached to the new Harry Potter movie. Even better on the big screen but I was hoping for an extended trailer you sometimes get at the theater...oh well. If you are a Star Wars, Star Trek or sci-fi fan in general, GL may be up your alley, as GL and his adventures are basically the "Star Wars" of the DC universe.

BATS,
Put you "link" back up... that link allowed me to download it in HD and it looks MUCH better that way.

I think Ryan Renynolds is a PERFECT choice!!!!

Here is the latest and greatest trailer for GL...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJCHl2K4Dk[/youtube]

This movie looks BAD-ASS!! I can't wait, but at least I have Thor to hold me over... :happy-smileygiantred:

This was the first GL that I purchased:
GreenLantern12.jpg

I've been through the two Emerald Dawn reboots and my brother has sent me some of the Spectre reboot. Kilowog happened after the destruction of the corps. And it appears there is some sort of Hector Hammond abomination here. Marvel handles their action much better.

Not a big Thor man, but will watch Capn America, Green Lantern (my fav) and the New X-Men movie. Yep great summer.

Back