• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Guess What We Got

yromj

So after leaving the room and the gear in Hot Springs, our listening has been limited to a pair of Insignias. In the new house we have a room which have a 5.1 system in it. Balancing the funds and other priorities has resulted in keeping the Insignias longer than expected though. Well with part of the last bonus checkmJan and I decided we definitely wanted new speakers.

I have been looking at different options for a while trying to stay under ~$1,500 for a pair. That number is based on the retail price of the HR824MKIIs being $1,390 per pair. The new room isn't going to be on the same level as the previous room so I didn't feel like dropping 2-3x that on C1s.

One day I was browsing reverb.com and saw a pair of used HR824MKIIs for $500 but for local pickup in Boston only. I shot them a message offering $150 for shipping and they took it. The speakers were from a recording studio and are MINT. We've been listening to music again and having a ball.

We're ecstatic that for $650 we've got a great 2 channel system which is ready for expansion.

John

Congrats. Nothing better to set the mood for the day, or to relax at the end of the day then some great music.

That's cool, @yromj. Now that you have semi decent speakers again, we just might let you back into our little club here.

So...........................................

You Suck!!! Pic's or you are full of crap!!!

One thing that impresses me to the point of continuing to surprising me is the bass these things have. Don't get me wrong I still want a sub but these will certainly tide me over until I get one.

John

Back