• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony One

My 688's would go through 4 AAA batteries every 3-5 months, quicker if you are updating via the PC a few times.

D

Doghart said:
My 688's would go through 4 AAA batteries every 3-5 months, quicker if you are updating via the PC a few times.

D
Thanks for the info. :handgestures-thumbup:

Get the One. Better layout and provides for future expansion.

Plus the battery thing.

A friend bought a refurb from Harmony a while back for $129. It has all kinds of issues. Buy new.

Well, I got mine from the UPS guy last night, plugged it in to start charging this morning, and it's still not fully charged. While I'm waiting I wrote down the brand and model numbers of all my gear, but came up with a question:

My Comcast box is a Motorola unit, but I can't find a model number on it anywhere (some serial #'s that are way too long to be a model number). Has anyone used the Harmony One with a comcast box, is there just one model? Or does it even work?

Thanks in advance!

Botch said:
Well, I got mine from the UPS guy last night, plugged it in to start charging this morning, and it's still not fully charged. While I'm waiting I wrote down the brand and model numbers of all my gear, but came up with a question:

My Comcast box is a Motorola unit, but I can't find a model number on it anywhere (some serial #'s that are way too long to be a model number). Has anyone used the Harmony One with a comcast box, is there just one model? Or does it even work?

Thanks in advance!

ME!!!!!!

What color is your Motorola STB? Black? Silver? DVR?

If it were installed as of late, my hypothesis (wild ass guess) would be DCX3400 High Definition DVR.

Rope

Rope said:
Botch said:

Thanks in advance!

ME!!!!!!

If it were installed as of late, my hypothesis (wild ass guess) would be DCX3400 High Definition DVR.

Rope
It's silver, and DOES NOT have a DVR. It has a card slot on the front but they told me I didn't need a card in it (and it works fine without one). Thanks Rope!

Botch said:
Rope said:
Botch said:

Thanks in advance!

ME!!!!!!

Rope
It's silver, and DOES NOT have a DVR. It has a card slot on the front but they told me I didn't need a card in it (and it works fine without one). Thanks Rope!

If it's silver and has a CABLECard slot and no DVR it's a DCT3416.

Disregard the DCT3416, it has a DVR. Hold the phone, BRB.

Rope

Egads, what a goatrope.
Installed the software, no problem. First page of the setup assistant checked for and downloaded an update, no problem. Hit "Next", and I get the Assistant's frame, but a blank screen in it. I hit "Next" again, same thing.
Quit the program and restarted. Did a soft reboot. Did a hard reboot. Uninstalled the software and reinstalled. Same thing. Went to the Logitech Help site, it doesn't work. Finally got thru on phone support, told my steps so far, and then "Ahkmed" put me on hold for 20 minutes, came back and asked me if I had any net firewalls on. I did, he said turn it off and try again.
I did, and this time it worked. Went thru the rest of the steps, but each window had an info box stating something like, "The Harmony One cannot control the Yamaha RX-V765", yet the choices for my A/V receiver are right there.
Finally got to the end, and it told me to try it out with my system. As I disconnected the remote its screen started flashing and said the battery was dangerously low. Took that thing almost 24 hours to charge up, and hour and twenty minutes to discharge (I'm hoping programming it uses battery power a lot faster than daily use).
Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow, when its charged up again, so see how badly I've screwed everything up. I don't have a good feeling about this. :?

Programming does use the battery much faster than day to day activities, although, it sounds like the battery is faulty. You should have had plenty of battery life after programming. The recharge should take about 3 hours.

Rope

When I add the Yamaha RX-V765 to my devices, I get no script saying the Harmony One will not control that device, however, I do get the following concerning the Ipod dock:

Yamaha iPod docking stations

If you wish to control an iPod using a Yamaha docking station with your AV receiver, you will need to add the model for the docking station seperately under the category of Digital Music Server.

For example, model numbers for two Yamaha iPod docks are YDS-10 and YDS-11SL.

To add a Yamaha iPod dock to your account, use the following format:

* Device: Music Player --> Digital Music Server

* Manufacturer: Yamaha

* Model: YDS-11SL

Rope

Yeah, I got the iPod dock page too, but just skipped it as I don't own an iPod.
Also just made a dumb discovery :oops: The instructions say to first charge up the device "until the charging light shows Green". Well, there's a blue power light on the charging cradle that just shows it's plugged in; the green light is on the screen. d'Oh! :angry-banghead:

Crap, the "battery meter" charged up 1/4 of the way fairly quickly, but it hasn't gone any further all afternoon. I may have a defective battery after all. :(

:angry-tappingfoot:
Logitech is going out of its way to make me look dumb!
When the remote was sitting on the charger, I'd hit the power button and it'd show the word "Charging" and a battery-shaped bar graph that is green on the left end and grows to the right as the battery charges. Wrong. It's just a graphic that tells me the battery is charging; you have to lift the handset off the charger to see the actual bar graph. d'Oh! :oops: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead:
Anyway, I tried all the functions, and everything works as advertised. Now I need to print the manuals off the disk (a common practice that I'm not in favor of) and figure out how to set up my favorite TV channels (all both of them). :)

Botch said:
:angry-tappingfoot:
Logitech is going out of its way to make me look dumb!
When the remote was sitting on the charger, I'd hit the power button and it'd show the word "Charging" and a battery-shaped bar graph that is green on the left end and grows to the right as the battery charges. Wrong. It's just a graphic that tells me the battery is charging; you have to lift the handset off the charger to see the actual bar graph. d'Oh! :oops: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-banghead:
Anyway, I tried all the functions, and everything works as advertised. Now I need to print the manuals off the disk (a common practice that I'm not in favor of) and figure out how to set up my favorite TV channels (all both of them). :)

Harmony Icons

Rope

Yup, I'd already bookmarked them from the previous page. Thanks guys!

I don't understand how to "up-load" an icon.

I have buttons on my LG Remote that are Green, Blue, Yellow, and Red..... I just want to up load those colored "circle" icons so I can use them in the display of the the Harmony for those commands. As of now I have to write out "RED" "GREEN" ect... no fun.

Funny my DirecTV has the little colored circles that I added to the harmony but I can't (or don't know how) to use them for my LG Blu Ray player.

Back