• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony One

I haven't figured out those colored buttons on any of my gear...

However, I've just filled up my One with the color icons for channels. I don't think the 650 I was considering had that feature, and it's worth the extra money I paid; that's really cool! No more punching in three digits all the time. :eusa-clap:

Razz said:
I don't understand how to "up-load" an icon.

I have buttons on my LG Remote that are Green, Blue, Yellow, and Red..... I just want to up load those colored "circle" icons so I can use them in the display of the the Harmony for those commands. As of now I have to write out "RED" "GREEN" ect... no fun.

Funny my DirecTV has the little colored circles that I added to the harmony but I can't (or don't know how) to use them for my LG Blu Ray player.

Create the buttons on the touch screen, label them Green, Blue, Yellow, and Red, then let the Harmony learn those commands from the original remote control.

Rope

Bats -

No fair. You deleted you post just as I was getting the information to shoot you down!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope :teasing-tease:

41msZtmXG0L.jpg

Rope said:
Bats -

No fair. You deleted you post just as I was getting the information to shoot you down!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

41msZtmXG0L.jpg
LOL, yeah I decided I would find the answer at Logitech's site and did :text-imnewhere:

Batman said:
Rope said:
Bats -

41msZtmXG0L.jpg
LOL, yeah I decided I would find the answer at Logitech's site and did :text-imnewhere:

:laughing-rolling:

Rope

Hey Rope,
I can get the commands fine... I just want it to have a little pic of a green or red circle instead of my typing in ... "Green" or "Red"

Razz said:
Hey Rope,
I can get the commands fine... I just want it to have a little pic of a green or red circle instead of my typing in ... "Green" or "Red"
Geesh, get control of your OCD will ya :hand:

Razz said:
Hey Rope,

Well, you'll only have to type it one time, and if the actual color is the deal breaker, buy 4 magic markers and color the LCD button accordingly. :violin: Sheeeeesh, some people. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Well, I ordered one of these today. Best Buy had it on sale (today and on-line only) at 149.99. Of course, the SOB's apply tax, but I had 5 bucks off for rewards cash...so total cost was 156. Not bad...comes with a 6 month same as cash.
I've never seen it lower than 146, so I figure it was a good time to buy.

My Harmony 880 will be moved to the family room (wife can't figure out how to watch a movie now).

Hopefully, this will be as good as the 880.

Woo-hoo for me!

Doghart said:
Botch said:
I picked up Hurt Locker and How to Train your Dragon at BB this afternoon (both were on sale <$20) and I looked at the Harmony One, but they also had a "Harmony 650" for only $99; looked like it did the same thing but only controlled 5 devices, and I've only got four, so I've got some researching to do... :think:

Botch, you'll go through $50 worth of batteries in 3-4 years.

Get the One.

(I'm just stirring the pot here :eusa-whistle: )

D
I've had to recharge the One a couple times already, it definitely goes thru battery power more than my OEM remotes, probably due to the color display.

Congrats Jamhead, I think you'll love it! :handgestures-thumbup:

jamhead said:
Well, I ordered one of these today. Best Buy had it on sale (today and on-line only) at 149.99. Of course, the SOB's apply tax, but I had 5 bucks off for rewards cash...so total cost was 156. Not bad...comes with a 6 month same as cash.

My Harmony 880 will be moved to the family room (wife can't figure out how to watch a movie now).

Woo-hoo for me!

DUDE!!!

You'll love it, and if you don't I'll take it off your hands!

D

jamhead said:

Woo-hoo for me!

Use the "One" for a week, send the 880 so I can draw a little bullseye on it, then I'll send it back, or perhaps you'd like to put it in the driveway and just run over it?

Rope

Rope said:
jamhead said:

Woo-hoo for me!

Use the "One" for a week, send the 880 so I can draw a little bullseye on it, then I'll send it back, or perhaps you'd like to put it in the driveway and just run over it?

Rope

Thanks guys.

So, Rope, sounds as though I'll like it better......awesome.

jamhead said:
Rope said:
jamhead said:

Woo-hoo for me!

Rope

Thanks guys.

So, Rope, sounds as though I'll like it better......awesome.

Like it better? You'll throw rocks at the 880, and wish you'd never been cursed with its ownership.

Rope

Rope said:

Rope

Wait a minute the 880 is okay - if you want to exercise your throwing arm.

Comparing the One to an 880 is like comparing a new Mustang to a Yugo.

So I received the "one" last weekend and spent a lot of time setting it up. Just tried it out, and it's a love/hate relationship with it. The remote does kick ass over the 880...button feel, layout, and it's abilities far exceed the 880..I have total control of the system now. When listening to SACD, I can adjust the trim settings on the fly, if needed. The hate part comes from the touchscreen...I have a "thing" about dust and fingerprints (to say I have a mild case of OCD could be accurate), so I'm trying to get used to the fingerprints on the remote without wiping them off after every use.

But so far, the remote kicks ass.

jamhead said:
The hate part comes from the touchscreen...I have a "thing" about dust and fingerprints (to say I have a mild case of OCD could be accurate), so I'm trying to get used to the fingerprints on the remote without wiping them off after every use.
I have the same OCD, it doesn't bother me too much on the One, but I'd probably never get an iPhone for the same reason... :geek:

jamhead said:
So I received the "one" last weekend and spent a lot of time setting it up. Just tried it out, and it's a love/hate relationship with it. The remote does kick ass over the 880...button feel, layout, and it's abilities far exceed the 880..I have total control of the system now. When listening to SACD, I can adjust the trim settings on the fly, if needed. The hate part comes from the touchscreen...I have a "thing" about dust and fingerprints (to say I have a mild case of OCD could be accurate), so I'm trying to get used to the fingerprints on the remote without wiping them off after every use.

But so far, the remote kicks ass.

I feel your pain. I take the battery out once a day and give mine a good wipe down with a micro fiber cloth.

Rope

Maybe it'd be worth it to pick up a matte or anti-glare universal screen protector kit (think cel phone section at BB) for touch devices and trim it down to fit the touch-screen part. Whatever that material is made out of barely shows any prints if at all...I see these types of kits all the time on buy.com etc...

I WANT MY GREEN AND RED BUTTONS!!!!!!!!

GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED
GREEN AND RED