1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by heeman, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

Yeah... I have a little DIY project for Heeman to solve some of the problems he would like to see dealt with. More on that later.

2. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Attaboy Keith! :thumbsup:

3. Barney

Barney Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas

Must be nice.

4. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

So, when's the AA Debut??

5. malsackj

malsackj Well-Known Member

The visit up to Keith was great. Loved the music, and videos. Too Many goose bumps from good music and sound.

heeman and Randy like this.
  6. heeman

heeman Well-Known Member Famous

So one of Flint's recommendations was to get some diffusion behind the seats. I started this little project a while ago, however the nailer died the first day and then I had business travel and a very important GTG.

So here are some pic's from the build. Nothing real scientific, other than the spacing between the vertical slats. It is symmetrical. We tried it without absorption and with absorption. The performance was better with the built in absorption. 2" OC703 with a 1.5" airgap. The dimensions are 4' x 6'. All as it need now is some fabric and paint. It did change the sound in the room. I am pretty sure for the better, put this stuff is so subjective. Still trying to achieve improved audio!!!

d1.JPG D2.JPG D3.JPG D4.JPG D5.JPG

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    PaulyT, Xgm3 and Flint like this.
  7. heeman

A few more Pic's

D6.JPG

D7.JPG

D8.JPG

D9.JPG

Randy, Xgm3, Botch and 2 others like this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Nice work!

heeman likes this.
  9. malsackj

malsackj Well-Known Member

Yes mesa likes.

10. yromj

yromj Well-Known Member

Looks cool!!

John

11. heeman

So last weekend we decided to finally finish the diffuser. We filled all the nail holes and reinforced the top board that was under stress when hanging on the wall. We got a good coat of primer on. Then it snowed and couldn’t get out to buy the paint. I have a little out patient thing going on Friday, however I hope to finish this up this weekend. It’s about time.

I will post some pics over the weekend.

Batman and Flint like this.
  12. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

Best of luck with the sex change (I had no idea they could do that on an outpatient basis) and good luck with finishing up the diffusors.

Seriously though, best of luck with the "outpatient thing" whatever it is. Wishing you happiness, health, and audio nirvana for the rest of your days.

Zing likes this.
  13. heeman

The outpatient thing involves some tubes with camera's and 2 orifices.

Halfway through the prep, haven't eaten anything in 24 hours......................f'n starving.

14. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Gross ... but fingers crossed that all goes well.

heeman likes this.
  15. heeman

So 20 days later and we are almost there.

Painting this thing was NOT FUN!!

Now the speaker cloth for the absorption and the OC703. Should finish this upcoming weekend.

Randy, Flint and Towen7 like this.
  16. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Great pics!! :suspicious:

Randy and Zing like this.
  17. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

Back on Feb 8th he said where his camera was going to be - and you still want pics?!

Randy and Zing like this.
  18. heeman

Luckily those pics and samples showed nothing major!

Randy likes this.
  19. JeffMackwood

JeffMackwood Maxi-Me

:thumbsup:

20. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

YUP, what he said!^^^

Hey brother, I am hoping that we can manage enough time to stop by in June if we can work it out timing wise, I sure hope you have those diffusors done by then. SHEESH!!!