• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman - WI Basement HT Build

Flint said:
Ideally the room would be symmetrical from left to right. If the rear wall isn't symmetrical, reflections will be aimed to one side of the room and bass will build up in certain locations unevenly.

As for the front wall in my drawing, that was just to make it easy to draw, it could be a straight wall right up to the middle point where a column feature could be added to give you the ease of butting up an odd angle from each side.
Got it! Good discussion. Here's a sketch anyway...sorry I don't have any CAD experience :teasing-tease:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 262
I use powerpoint to draw these things.

Another option is to angle a wall inward out outward from top to bottom.

So in about 1 month or so from now, I will ask more specific questions based on the real allowable space.

Thanks for everyone's input.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Flint said:
I use powerpoint to draw these things.

Another option is to angle a wall inward out outward from top to bottom.
I don't use PP either :happy-smileygiantred:

Hmmm, if I recall you and Barb visited the house while in town.....AND.....you've got that fancy new phone which I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was with you....so I'm thinking others are with me in asking why there are no pics yet of the basement area in which this theater is gonna be???? :naughty:

HA! You got me there, didn't take any pic's of the basement and/or the house..............

The basement is a clean slate, so once we get in in about 1 month, pic's and dimensions will start then.

Here is one from the listing and one I took a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• WI House.jpg
    WI House.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0115 (002).JPG
    IMG_0115 (002).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 229
It was difficult to find homes with larger lots in rural WI. You would think with all the open land, it would be a piece of cake, however all the homes on 1+ acre were much larger homes than what we were looking for.

This was all about compromise so we ended up with almost 1/2 acre backing up to open space. Nice newer subdivision, not to many tree's which sucks.

The price was right so we have some left over cash for landscaping, hardscaping and the finish out of the basement.

That looks like a shitload of lawn to mow Heeman!! Are you going riding lawnmower, walk behind self propelled or a herd of goats??
Mike
PS: Nice digs!!!

mcad64 said:
That looks like a shitload of lawn to mow Heeman!! Are you going riding lawnmower, walk behind self propelled or a herd of goats??
Mike
I grew up on a 2-acre lawn in South Dakota; it took 2 riders and a pushmower (we had a lot of small trees) two hours to mow; I can't quite tell how much land you have there, Keith.

(I do have a great barbeque goat rub recipe, just in case; let me know)

The lot is just under 1/2 an acre. Really not that big, it looks bigger due to the open space in the back.

We will be landscaping once we get up there and Spring comes. I will have to get the old roto-tiller running.

Barb does all the yard maintenance, she likes it.

The nice thing it is Real grass not the trailing thick bladed grass (floratam) we have down in Texas. Barb and I laid 8 pallets back in 1999.

Hoping that the soil is really good, so we can make it nice.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

It is a beautiful home! Can't wait to see things progress....especially "downstairs"

IN!

Congrats, looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Maybe in 6 months i can start a similar thread. Although basements are hard to come by in OK...

Botch said:
mcad64 said:
Mike
I grew up on a 2-acre lawn in South Dakota; it took 2 riders and a pushmower (we had a lot of small trees) two hours to mow; I can't quite tell how much land you have there, Keith.

(I do have a great barbeque goat rub recipe, just in case; let me know)

Used to have 13 acres mowed it all once a week. 11 acres of pasture mowed with the tractor and mower deck and 2 acres of yard mowed with a big Simplicity Garden Tractor. Factor in weed eating all the fence line and it was an 8-hour job for one person.

Needless to say, I was unimpressed. although it was a full day of relax and chill in the sun. Well minus the weed eating time.

^ I think Barb would draw the line.................

I bet you had a few brews after all of that? :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

rough dimensions on the open slate ? 40 x 60 feet.

From the looks of the location being near 45 If I visit home this summer I will be about 5 miles up the road. We will be visiting with Roger and staying in West Bend.

Will have to get you over and run some tractors.

Back