• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

^^

240_F_108848216_xDD3H6mIBxMueyBoMEQS9ThKHeTalBaY.jpg

HMMM...

Whatya think?

I think that's some brilliant marketing! I hope they go far, but the cover was bleh for me. The song was shallow, missed the minimalist complexities of the original (which are what, I feel, make it a classic rather than just an old hit), and the guitar solo was too far out of place for the rest of the song. That said, it was an entertaining video and I love the humor they incorporated.

Humorous for sure, the gals voice was good, I like her and yes the solo was certainly overplayed and didn't seem to fit. I liked it, but upon reflection I don't think it belongs in a thread titled Incredible Covers.

Moderators please remove my posting privileges for 1 week.

I got a kick out of it! Surprised at how well the lyrics fit in a metal construct.
No, it ain't the original, but I love hearing covers done in unexpected different genres. :thumbsup:

...I love hearing covers done in unexpected different genres.
Typically, I do too, if for no other reason than to simply hear an alternative. But Kate Bush's cover of Rocket Man is the exception that proves the rule as it was horrendous.

Flint is painfully aware of my thoughts on Kate. As such, I have to frequently remind him why he likes me.

Flint is painfully aware of my thoughts on Kate. As such, I have to frequently remind him why he likes me.

You know, people cannot help noticing that Lourde appears to be channeling the style of Kate.

Back