• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Incredible Covers...

Petra Haden made an incredible A Capella version of The Who's "Sell Out" album using only a portable cassette four-track recorder. I have the CD of it, and it is very entertaining.

Here she is taking on the very complex dissonance of King Crimson's "Red" using only her voice, and from what I can tell no auto-tune (judging from the audible minor mistakes).

This is from a while ago, but just came up on my FB feed. Now, I'm not the biggest Springsteen fan, his stuff generally doesn't do much for me. But I thought this was fascinating, to see their process of planning the song, all in front of an arena audience. Pretty damn ballsy! Plus he knew this lyrics, which is pretty impressive for winging it like this. Respect.

We were listening to music this evening and I found this gem of a cover, IMO. PINK, rocks! :thumbsup:

Also, IMO, this thread needs pinned.

I sorta had a crush on Linda Ronstadt when I was in my teens. I thought she was a fox!!
[youtube]
Prefer Warren though!!
She also covered Elvis Costello, I prefer Elvis
[youtube]
She does have a fantastic voice though!

Mcad my mother used to babysit Linda Ronstadt and her sisters when they were little girls. What's funny is about twenty years ago my mother was at an event in Tucson and Linda hadn't been seen in a long while and had gained a lot of weight but my mom recognized her sitting by herself at the event and my mother went up to her and introduced herself and Linda's eyes got all big as she remembered who my mom was and they spent the evening chatting each other up.

I played this song at the last together and everyone wanted to know who it was.

Daniela Andrade sings Radiohead's Creep.

When is a cover not really a cover?

Listen to this fabulous tune to find out!

Wow!!! This is not an easy song to perform at this level - especially the harmonies:

Great!

Back