• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Is it me ?

The wife and I rented John Wick last night. It was over the top and far fetched. We enjoyed the hell out of it! What a fun movie.

Haywood your dead right on the tactical gun handling. I can't think of another movie that even comes close to it.

Thanks guys, I'll be renting 2 very soon.

^^ supposedly Heat is fairly accurate. I’ve read that they use Val Kilmer changing clips in the street shootout to show Marine recruits how to properly change magazines.

From IMDb: “Val Kilmer was thrilled to learn that the moment in the gunbattle scene where he runs out of bullets, and rapidly changes his magazine, is regularly shown to Marine recruits as an example of how to perform the action properly.”

I've always loved Heat for their realistic explosions, shooting, and sounds. In fact, I think it has the most realistic sounding shootouts of any movie I've seen.

Yes a I agree, Heat was another goid example, and great movie. The difference is his close combat use of the weapons in John Wick were like watching a training course. It had to be very hard to learn it that well.

Looking for action? Try this:

True_romance.jpg

A few years old but still my favorite movie.

I luv this movie! What a cast...it will always be in my top 10 favorite flicks. :thumbsup:

Anyone catch John Wick 2 ?
The wife and I watched it Saturday evening. Not as good as the first. Kinda disappointed.

^^ yeah it was way over the top compared to the first one. I was also underwhelmed.

Funny thing, it was HBO's movie of the week just days after we were talking about this. So I have it DVR'd, but haven't watched it yet.

Funny thing, it was HBO's movie of the week just days after we were talking about this. So I have it DVR'd, but haven't watched it yet.
Yes we watched it on HBO also. Just know going in it's like Bat said, way over the top. Worth a free watch but not much more.

Yes we watched it on HBO also. Just know going in it's like Bat said, way over the top. Worth a free watch but not much more.
The first one was a blind buy on a black Friday, and I didn't regret buying it. But based on your guys reviews, guess I'm glad I didn't buy number 2. Still looking forward to seeing it though.

The first one I went in pretty blind and was in the perfect mood for the movie. With that in mind, I'd give the first one 9/10 for a movie experience.
The second, I knew what I was getting into and was probably not in the perfect move. With that in mind, I'd give the second a 7/10 for a movie experience.

Back