1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

It's the small things sometimes

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bmwuk, Apr 12, 2018.

1. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

I have had a Logitech Harmony 650 remote for some time now and with the swapping out of the receiver, etc, I finally got off my lazy butt and reprogrammed the remote for macros and new devices. I also added favorite channels and now the mess of remotes is down to one. I love the fact that the remote handles all macros perfectly so now if my girls want to watch a movie while I'm out, then it's a one button press.

I showed the features to my wife and now she wants for her TV, Blu Ray and cable box. For $40 now, it is a no brainier.

Huey and heeman like this.
  2. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

I recently got a 650 to replace my Harmony One, which still works, but the battery has swelled some and didn't hold a great charge. The one thing I hate about the 650 over the One, is it usually takes two button presses, especially if the remote has gone into sleep mode.

3. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

My automatically kicks back on. Will have to look at this if I have the same issue

4. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

My 650 is all but useless. Its constantly forgetting commands. So now I have 6 remotes next when I use to have 5.

5. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

At first, I thought it was just my Dish receiver being fussy, but then I noticed it happening with other gear as well. I'm thinking the tilt sensor isn't as sensitive as it is in the One and that it takes a button push to wake it up. Couple that with an older Dish box that sometimes is slow in responding to commands, and I usually end up clicking on something I didn't mean to. Although, that is for sure a first world problem.

6. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Well color me lucky